Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

This neither shocks or surprises me

image.png.f61f596bbb7cdd693621db6ffeb97c99.png 

The question is want to know is how many have we conceded when he’s came on the park he’s bad luck, shouldn’t only be brought on if we are winning at least by 3 goals 

I've probably said similar but I feel bad slating White as his lack of goals isn't for want of trying - he's just not good enough for this level. Contrast that with the likes of Long who is good enough but blatantly can't be arsed and I know where I'm directing my anger.

Someone touched on it the other day but our subs have played a major factor in where we currently find ourselves. Most teams can make subs which allows them to change tactics or see a game out. Our subs are simply not good enough for that - we bring on the likes of White who's a striker who can't score or Lamie who's a defender who can't defend and they only serve to weaken the team which then costs us a result.

56 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've probably said similar but I feel bad slating White as his lack of goals isn't for want of trying - he's just not good enough for this level. Contrast that with the likes of Long who is good enough but blatantly can't be arsed and I know where I'm directing my anger.

Someone touched on it the other day but our subs have played a major factor in where we currently find ourselves. Most teams can make subs which allows them to change tactics or see a game out. Our subs are simply not good enough for that - we bring on the likes of White who's a striker who can't score or Lamie who's a defender who can't defend and they only serve to weaken the team which then costs us a result.

What's the sketch with Long? Is he injured? The injury page on the website hasn't been updated for a while and only mentions Donnelly, Dunne and Fox.

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I think both those points are 100% spot on.

What's interested me recently is the lack of subs being used. Easy enough to say "well, they wouldn't make much difference" but Seedorf would surely have been a more obvious switch for Hastie rather than White. I'm by no means banging a drum for the bold Sherwin to be playing but he's been an unused sub a fair bit, same with McGinley (who seemed to disappear after the Hibs game).

If we've got guys sitting on the bench that we either don't trust or don't think than make an impact then that's a problem.

I mean, this is Seedorf's league season to date, that's 25 mins of league fitba' since August:

104521160_ScreenShot2021-01-12at17_28_21.png.7779a2ebed89010869ee70025a38430a.png

McGinley:

177707993_ScreenShot2021-01-12at17_59_53.png.827face1eb1fe3b11a92381b847225b8.png

2 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

What's the sketch with Long? Is he injured? The injury page on the website hasn't been updated for a while and only mentions Donnelly, Dunne and Fox.

He took a dunt against St Mirren and was subbed off IIRC but any updates about him have been extra vague.

Long’s misses had a baby the other day. That might be part of the reason why he’s been missing recently?

He took a dunt against St Mirren and was subbed off IIRC but any updates about him have been extra vague.

I’ve not really been on the back of Hastie or Seedorf that much because the reality is they’ve had very little game time. It just shows that Robbo didn’t trust them considering how jobby we’ve been at times.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Long’s misses had a baby the other day. That might be part of the reason why he’s been missing recently?

See, that information popped up on his IG in the summer shortly before he re-signed (before I unfollowed him) and I've kind of wondered whether it may have played a part in him just generally seeming unsettled since he arrived back if his missus has been back on Merseyside but I'm pretty sure we've given an undefined "injured" explanation for his absence over the past while. 

Here's Robinson before the Rangers game: "Chris Long will miss out. He's our only injury, he'll miss out."

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, supermarv said:

The question is want to know is how many have we conceded when he’s came on the park he’s bad luck, shouldn’t only be brought on if we are winning at least by 3 goals 

He’s a Jonah. A walking rain cloud. Get him to f**k away from Fir Park. 

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've probably said it on here before but Ryan Bowman's my best example of this. He was absolutely mince at fitba. No ability but he absolutely knocked his pan in on the park so I couldn't be angry at him. 

Long's shown on a number of occasions that he's more than capable of playing at this level. However he blatantly cannot be arsed now. 

Long is one of those players who I hoped would maybe be reinvigorated under Alexander.

Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely no excuse or justification for performing for one manager and not another (especially to the extent of his disinterest so far this season) but whilst we are paying his wage and he's probably going to find it even harder now to get a move than he did in the summer when he came back with his tail between his legs, we might as well get our money's worth as 2019/20 Long is certainly a player we could use about now.

Either way, I'd cut all ties in the summer regardless of how he performs between now and then.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

6 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

The club AGM has been pre Christmas the last couple of years - has anyone seem anything about the May 2020 accounts coming out? 

No - I've got shares and would normally have been sent them by now. I assume it will be a zoom call when it happens..

1 minute ago, Swello said:

No - I've got shares and would normally have been sent them by now. I assume it will be a zoom call when it happens..

I can just imagine how that will go given previous in person experiences in the Centenary Suite...