Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just dipped into Steelmen for the first time in a while, delighted to find it's lost none of the joie de vivre for which it's known.

Also saw folk (apparently seriously) floating the idea of signing Griffiths.

It's like Ross McCormack (2nd time) never happened.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Just dipped into Steelmen for the first time in a while, delighted to find it's lost none of the joie de vivre for which it's known.

giphy.gif

You're too good for them cap.

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

We’ve got a wee man with his career ahead of him in the team just now.  Has Griffith still to serve a suspension for the flare incident.  We have a striker with a suspension looming over him in the team just now.

Our boxes are ticked. 

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

See if, for some reason, Alexander reckoned he was the man to get Griffiths back to form, I'd think fair enough aye, take the punt. I just can't see why any manager would reach that conclusion now though. 

See, given his track record to date with Gallagher, Polworth, Lawleff et al and his whole bit with "it's about how you train that gets you in the team" then if you could pick one player in the league who you could almost guarantee Alexander would absolutely fucking hate it'd be Leigh Griffiths.

It's always a mystery to me, why players who have been absolutely shite for teams below us in the league, but you've heard of, suddenly become appealing because they're available.

Edited by thisGRAEME

31 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I won't take any SO slander, we need to report both sides, and there's some good folk on there. I was surprised that the Griffiths chat got traction though. Let's not.

Fwiw, there's no (real) SO slander intended just a fair bit of side-eye on my part at some of the takes that pop up. There are absolutely some good folk on there.

Edited by capt_oats

I love the romance of getting someone off the scrapheap for one last shot at glory and all that bollocks - but Griffiths would be the worst fit for us ever. He's an utter roaster and the shape he's in, they'd need to get a gps sports bra from the woman's team instead of the standard issue, to see how bad his numbers are.

Can't work out if it's the racists tweetsabusive behaviour over gherkinsracist singing in a pubmessaging young lassieskicking a flare into the crowd or turning up overweight & unfit that's got these folk thinking it's a good idea to sign him.

Hard pass from me.

Edited by well fan for life

I mind driving to Dundee for the Scottish Cup 3rd (4th?) round through the snow to play them when they were in the Championship, listening all the way up to how this was the biggest chance of a shock because Leigh Griffiths was the next big thing and was going to destroy us. Cue us strolling to a 4-0 win and him getting sent off for nearly removing Stevie Hammell’s legs. 

f**k Leigh Griffiths, the creepy wee twat. 

I'll always have those two free kicks but that was at the point Griffiths was on the brink.

I love the romanticism of one last shot tae but that was Tony Watt. Leigh Griffiths is done.

Edited by Busta Nut

I mind driving to Dundee for the Scottish Cup 3rd (4th?) round through the snow to play them when they were in the Championship, listening all the way up to how this was the biggest chance of a shock because Leigh Griffiths was the next big thing and was going to destroy us. Cue us strolling to a 4-0 win and him getting sent off for nearly removing Stevie Hammell’s legs. 

f**k Leigh Griffiths, the creepy wee twat. 
I crashed the car in the snow somewhere in Cumbernauld on my way to that game. Still made it and was also at the England game Busta mentioned. Even with that it would be a no from me.