Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You won't finish in the bottom two. We'd have to win all 5 matches after the split for there to be any chance.

You will be guaranteed another 3 points from us though.

And you obly need to win 2 more than us in the last 7 games (so 2 other games)

Edited by Phillips455

Just now, Phillips455 said:

You will be guaranteed another 3 points from us though.

We won't.

That was two shite sides stumbling to a draw until Hendry scored a worldie, don't overthink it and ruin your weekend.

17 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Play offs here we come. Biggest collapse in premiership history?

We were sitting fourth at 3:15 today, but are now eighth and just one point off tenth, and could very well end up relegated.

The closest battle ever for top 6 and Europe should be exciting, but all I want right now is never to have to watch that fucking team / tactics ever again. Thanks for that Graham, you w****r.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

Just now, boozyBJ said:

Robinson was emptied after a similar bad run off form

And I can’t remember exactly where we were in the league but it reminds me somewhat of the second season of McGhee’s second spell. 

9 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

If we sack him he’s got a big contract so I’d replace him with either Craigan, McFadden or Lasley and give one of them a chance as they are probably affordable. 

McFadden is a mental shout.

But lasley couldn't do worse as caretaker till we find a solution.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

McFadden is a mental shout.

But lasley couldn't do worse as caretaker till we find a solution.

Just going on cheap options and I genuinely don’t think any of the 3 listed could play more grim football than Alexander at the moment. 

We basically had Mcfadden as manager when Mcghee fucked off to Brighton during the week.

That still seems more appealing than what we're getting at the moment. Get Alexander out and literally anyone in.

Hate to break it to you all. With a 3 year contract Alexander is going nowhere. To pay him and Lucketti off would cost the club somewhere in the region of £500,000 - 750,000 unless there is a clause stating otherwise.  It looks misjudged now but no one was complaining when it was handed out. Back then we all thought there was a chance he may be approached for a bigger job.

The collapse since Xmas has been jaw dropping. We actually played some decent football last year. Not a lot admittedly but at least some. Now it is like Groundhog Day. I still think we have been unlucky last few games but when all is said and done there apears to be absolutely no plan to address the rot. Just more of the same in terms of team selection and tactics. That is the real and overriding worry. 11 league games without a win and the answer is to keep persevering with same formation, line up and negative tactics. 

We may yet make top 6 but right now it looks more likely the play off place is more realistic. 

I will go to St Mirren at home but right now I can see it far enough. 

I hope our CEO and Board are asking the Manager some searching questions although I doubt it sadly….

Edited by welldaft