Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Actual adults getting bent out of shape about scheduled Tweets will never not be amusing.
"Hi Robert, we're going to have to play hardball now, you need to sign before Monday because we have a tweet ready for Joe Efford's birthday. Our previous deadline of Lennon Miller's birthday was ignored, but we really mean it now."

15 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

However, how dare he have a birthday when we're trying to sign players.

Actually creased at the idea that folk are cutting about thinking that our Twitter admin has some sort of active role in our recruitment process just now.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Actually creased at the idea that folk are cutting about thinking that our Twitter admin has some sort of active role in our recruitment process just now.

Equally tickled that folk think everything that comes out on twitter is done by someone sitting pressing the buttons there and then. 

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Between Tweeting that embarrassing pish, and having '50 years young' in his Twitter bio, whit a fkn chomper.

4 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Joe Efford shares a birthday wity my wife, brother, (late) Gran, and Michael Jackson. He will never be forgotten.

However, how dare he have a birthday when we're trying to sign players.

Shemoannnn …… heeee heeeeeeeee

Feel confident we won't see a moonwalk as a goal celebration. I have it on good authority that Joe is a good dancer ......

Edited by Kapowzer

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Equally tickled that folk think everything that comes out on twitter is done by someone sitting pressing the buttons there and then. 

The media team piling into training with a rucksack full of party hats, daft glasses and balloons is what's getting me.

2 hours ago, Alanos said:

I’d like to see us experiment against ICT.

Either change the formation, or give ‘fringe’ players a go. Thinking Shields as main striker. Give him a go. Or stick him in a front 2.

let’s spice things up.

I remember when McGhee spiced things up against ICT by dropping Louis Moult.

The words "Play your best team in the cup" should be at the top of every motherwell manager's contract in 24 point text.

2 hours ago, Alanos said:

I’d like to see us experiment against ICT.

Either change the formation, or give ‘fringe’ players a go. Thinking Shields as main striker. Give him a go. Or stick him in a front 2.

let’s spice things up.

That’s a terrible shout - or you are at the wind up.  Shields has had tons of game time and has demonstrated time and again he is not up to the required standard. He is an impact sub at best and if we have any ambition to improve he should be nowhere near being a week on week nailed on starter.

The chance he had on Saturday sums him up. Gets into a great position runs into the box with plenty of time to do something and hits a weak tame shot straight at the keeper. If he went back to QOS tomorrow I would not bat an eyelid.