Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

After St Johnstone we'd all have been thrilled with six points out of nine, progress in the cup and boosting the squad. Halfway there...

Cup game feels a very big deal for us now.

ICT have been no great shakes this season, but if we get ourselves in bother midweek, the positivity we've had around the place will be well and truly flattened.

24 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Cup game feels a very big deal for us now.

ICT have been no great shakes this season, but if we get ourselves in bother midweek, the positivity we've had around the place will be well and truly flattened.

Definitely but that's nearly always the case with the cups.

I certainly feel better about our chances than when the draw made. Indeed, I've not felt this confident about a cup game since we drew Sligo.

I think that I can remember Aarons skinning a few players at the Cooper end of the pitch then launching the ball well into the stands after putting it on a plate for himself. Will definitely offer us some creativity going forward.

I reckon we should try and get an out and out striker for rotation/backup/competition for KvV and rumours of Moult are promising but would we be getting the same Moult as before? Don’t think he’s scored that much since leaving us.

4 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Can't mind this guy at all. But an actual fast winger is a big need.

He was a last minute signing in the January window when we sold Jimmy Scott.

He only made 8 appearances before the league was called. Tbh, it felt like he was only just getting to match fitness at that point.

6 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

I reckon we should try and get an out and out striker for rotation/backup/competition for KvV and rumours of Moult are promising but would we be getting the same Moult as before? Don’t think he’s scored played that much since leaving us.

FTFY.

I noticed Moult wasn't in Burton's squad for their game against Cambridge United yesterday (they lost 4-3).

20 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Signing Moult is a terrible idea, I can't believe anyone in FP is seriously considering it.

Aarons would be fine, I thought he picked up after a slow start pre-corona but where he is now I've no idea.

I don't disagree re: Moult but we're in a really weird place where it's difficult to imagine someone who's genuinely good enough to compete with KVV coming in and being fine with a role as a rotation option.

If we're looking for someone with a certain level of quality then there's probably going to have to be a trade off somewhere.

Aarons literally only played once for Huddersfield last season (8 mins off the bench in a 1-1 draw against Barnsley) - I don't know if that was injury or if he's just been wildly out the picture.

25 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I’m out of the UL for the ICT and Utd games. Is it possible to legally stream these from abroad these days?

Yep, 15 quid for an international monthly pass at https://live.motherwellfc.co.uk. (Caveat: don't recall whether that usually includes league cup games.)

Edited by Gallus Numpty

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I don't disagree re: Moult but we're in a really weird place where it's difficult to imagine someone who's genuinely good enough to compete with KVV coming in and being fine with a role as a rotation option.

If we're looking for someone with a certain level of quality then there's probably going to have to be a trade off somewhere.

Aye, I'm definitely aware of that but there's a much better than 50-50 chance Moult will be available neither as rotation or back-up to KVV because he's injured. Being the best player in the treatment room doesn't get you far.