Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He is utter dugmeat. Lost count of how many chances he has skyed from within 10 yards. 

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Came on to post something similar. It’s a piss poor effort and symptomatic of his lack of quality. He’s been given more than enough minutes since signing also.

A poor man’s Bob McHugh.

I was certain when he first came that he just needed time to adjust to the step up and work on his composure, then he would prove to be a good addition and chip in with a few goals.

I was wrong, though. He is fucking gash.

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He is utter dugmeat. Lost count of how many chances he has skyed from within 10 yards. 

There was that one goal that he ran from half way and lifted it over the keeper last season.  He just needed to lift it today.

He passed to KVV last week who fluffed his lines, roles reversed this week.

KVV taking it off Slattery’s toe was just as bad.

There was that one goal that he ran from half way and lifted it over the keeper last season.  He just needed to lift it today.
He passed to KVV last week who fluffed his lines, roles reversed this week.
KVV taking it off Slattery’s toe was just as bad.
The Slattery one was such a bad decision, it was running right into his stride.

Also, KVVs utter refusal to play the ball to Morris is starting to look like its a thing.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I was certain when he first came that he just needed time to adjust to the step up and work on his composure, then he would prove to be a good addition and chip in with a few goals.

I was wrong, though. He is fucking gash.

The amount of posts over the years, mainly on SO tbf, about us buying from lower Scottish leagues, rather than from lower English, or Conference leagues.

The one time we do, and we buy Donkey from Shrek. 🙈

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

It's not quite a Decanter at St Johnstone style sitter. But to somehow manage to batter the ball well over the bar is honking.

At least D redeemed himself later in the game. 
Shields is utter bobbins 

I was relatively happy when Shields signed but in hindsight I'm not really sure why. A few people have generously said he's a good lower level player that's just out his depth here but tbh, looking solely at stats, he hasn't exactly ripped it up anywhere else. He's essentially had one good 3 week spell in a 7 year career.Screenshot_20221030-005933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ccd66b9687c7d173b523b779b3c910e.jpg

Screenshot_20221030-010419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b0b3c16d6b4bf6fec5c5678fdcd9dda.jpg

You absolutely can't knock the graft we get from Shields but I think it says a lot that pretty much the first thing Hammell did when he got the job was say that the forward areas needed addressed and brought in two players who bumped Shields (and Efford) out the starting line up and onto the bench.

The difference is that until his injury Efford had kicked on as a result but this just seems to be what Shields is.

He's absolutely the type of player that certain fans would have got wildly bent out of shape about if we hadn't taken a punt on. He was coming off a breakout season with QotS and I'm fairly sure we wouldn't have been the only club in for him. Tbh, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine another timeline where he signs for St Johnstone instead and he's chipping in with 8 - 10 goals a season.

For whatever reason it just hasn't worked out. He doesn't seem a fit for what we're doing and even watching him for the reserves the other month he looked uncomfortable.

I can only echo @thisGRAEME in saying that result yesterday feels absolutely massive. Digging out a win doesn't seem to be something we've been able to do this season save the opening day in Paisley so to win yesterday (and keep a clean sheet) keeps our heads above water and hopefully gives Hammell a bit of breathing space to get us to the break.

Incidentally, I know they've been elsewhere in between but I think this was our last win at Tannadice.

We were comfortable in that game until the red then we ran out of ideas.  Did United change something or did we lack the confidence to push on and win well.  In saying that I only remember one United attempt at goal which brought out a good save.  Maybe we got it right?