Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Who needs a steady team with when you do a full rebuild in January. Minor tinkering plan right oot the windae

----------------- Kelly -----------------

Johnston -- New Guy -- Blaney -- Furlong

--------- McGinn ---- Slattery ----------

Crankshaw ----- Danzaki ----- McKinstry

------------ KvV - Mandron ------------

(I really should have Lamie and Goss in there as he refuses to drop them)

How many?

So we’ve brought in Aitchison, who is hopefully an upgrade on Shields.

We’ve signed a left back. No idea if he’s any good or not but such is the way with Motherwell. At least it’s someone.

If we bring in another one or two tomorrow then that’s actually better than I expected. Not perfect but think some of the doomsday stuff previously is a little premature. 

Edited by Londonwell

Well Mandron is out for a bit so that's the given. It just seems Hammy's philosophy is the Johan Cruyff, "you score 4, we score 5".

In theory (but it won't as Lamie is a cert) we could have a full back line with an average of 21 who weren't playing for us* in December.

44 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I saw McEntee was on the bench for Walsall tonight.

That's annoying about Fuchs, it at least suggests that they've maybe been reading @Busta Nut's Tweets though.

No idea if we are in for McEntee but as someone else has said aslong as paperwork is through then deal can be done. Newcastle had Darlow on the bench tonight then he was off to hull. 

Positive 2 signings so far from the club hopefully more to come tomorrow.

I mean, I was thinking last night, maybe we HAVE got it all wrong. We don't get pumped, yes we are a defensive shambles, but we generally only lose by the odd goal, 1-0 or 2-1 so maybe we just do need more attackers who can find the net and Obika is a proven commodity to do just that. 

It's crazy, but it might just work. 

If there's any truth in the McEntee rumour, he was different class for us last season. There's never a guarantee that very good in the Championship is going to equate to good enough for the Premiership though.

Still a better chance of being a success than Jack Aitchison. With the caveat that he was still a teenager when he had loan spells in Scotland before, his goalscoring record at the same levels does not compare at all favourably to Connor Shields.