Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Who had us closing out for the victory when St Mirren scored? Was sure our arse would collapse but will absolutely take that. Agree that we looked pretty streetwise in that game, the time-wasting, the clever fouls, small things that have been absent. Thought the two young full backs were excellent and a very solid performance from the back three. We shitfested it a bit but who cares. 

Also Obika is mince.

I'm just gona say it. I don't think MJ's goal was a fluke.

I don't for a single second think he expected it to work, but I think he meant it.

Edited by Al B

Butcher and Casey were very good I thought.
MJ and Furlong also good.
Goss, Spittal and Dean worked brilliantly
And although Obika wasn't great he was great fodder for KVV.

Jack Aitch was also very good when he came on.

Can I say I was well impressed with Casey he bossed Main in the first half and when he switched with Watt he dealt with him too. I like the cut of his jib. I actually saw Goss win a tackle and also not shit out of 50/50s. I can say I was there to see all that, Well done to Max for a well taken goal

Edited by Well Well

I genuinely wonder how Hammy took hearing the score (or watching it via a IPTV). All his professional days bar a wee bit in C&A so every win is welcome, but it was his team that someone else got a tune out of. Really happy for the squad and Kettlewell or just sitting with a deep seethe. I dunno.

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

I genuinely wonder how Hammy took hearing the score (or watching it via a IPTV). All his professional days bar a wee bit in C&A so every win is welcome, but it was his team that someone else got a tune out of. Really happy for the squad and Kettlewell or just sitting with a deep seethe. I dunno.

He’s got to think of himself first…….so I’d imagine he’ll be raging. If we do stay up his stock will fall that wee bit further imo and whoever keeps us in the top flight looks pretty canny.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Butcher and Casey were very good I thought.
MJ and Furlong also good.
Goss, Spittal and Dean worked brilliantly
And although Obika wasn't great he was great fodder for KVV.

Jack Aitch was also very good when he came on.

Best game O’Donnell has had in a while too

14 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Pretty sure he said “psychologically”? 🤨😆77163707-0676-4C90-ABBF-14E8B7E30362.thumb.png.0b3eca16794e67bb470fb26e4e2e631f.png

These c***s are phoning it in.

The first saw Van Veen slipped in on the right hand side by a nice Callum Slattery pass. He held off the challenge of the flat-footed Richard Taylor and nudged a shot across the face of goal that caught Trevor Carson out.

Win at all costs performance, really couldn't have given less of a shit if it wasn't exactly pleasing on the eye.

All got stuck right in, finally demonstrating what a bit of organisation, two decent CB's, game management and actually looking like they gave a shit can make.

One failure, Cornelius, O'Hara bossed him the whole game. Also shat it from a tackle near the end of the first half that nearly cost us.