Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’d happily have Kettlewell as a #2

I don’t know if he’s accept that based on the presser.

Seems a good organiser with degree of clarity to his message we are lacking.

I’d also deffo have him as gaffer before bother Tommy.

Whatever happens we start to need hiring in all areas so people aren’t doing the job of two others and departments are under resourced. Unless it’s a hold off till we see what division we’re in sort of vibe at present.

@capt_oats has covered before, missing a first team coach to replace Las’ role. Someone for Kerr’s Academy post, 2 in media, a CEO, manager and an assistant.

Our biggest annual expense goes from the pitch to recruitment consultant fees.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

It might be his 2nd last week in the office - and there are obviously conflict of interest things in play - but it would naïve to think that Burrows will have no input....

Aye, I’m sure he’s told McCormack “definitely not him or him….”

Edited by Kapowzer

I didn't expect to come on here standing up for Tommy Wright but I do think folk raging about the possibility are either being a bit OTT or unrealistic about the level of candidate we can attract. 

Obviously failing in very similar circumstances at Killie is concerning but it's a bad 10 months out of 8 generally solid years in Scotland. I wouldn't be falling over myseld to appoint Wright but anybody else we bring in is going to be either unproven at this level or have at least one other similar failure to him on their CV.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

It might be his 2nd last week in the office - and there are obviously conflict of interest things in play - but it would naïve to think that Burrows will have no input....

Funnily enough...Aberdeen have just announced a Manager recruitment update.

Chairman Dave Cormack said: “Aberdeen FC’s recruitment for a new manager is progressing with potential candidates being considered against the detailed criteria and philosophy the Club has set out.

“There has been a high level of interest as well as some unfounded speculation. It is vital that we carry out the necessary diligence in drawing up a short-list before embarking on any serious talks or interviews.

Alan Burrows, who starts as chief executive on 27th February, will be involved in the next steps. It’s important that we take our time and be patient."

Link

I mean, hopefully he's had a list of names prepped and is offering some direction. Even if it's not in an official capacity.

4 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I’d happily have Kettlewell as a #2

I don’t know if he’s accept that based on the presser.

Seems a good organiser with degree of clarity to his message we are lacking.

I’d also deffo have him as gaffer before bother Tommy.

Whatever happens we start to need hiring in all areas so people aren’t doing the job of two others and departments are under resourced. Unless it’s a hold off till we see what division we’re in sort of vibe at present.

@capt_oats has covered before, missing a first team coach to replace Las’ role. Someone for Kerr’s Academy post, 2 in media, a CEO, manager and an assistant.

Our biggest annual expense goes from the pitch to recruitment consultant fees.

I thought it was interesting that Kettlewell mentioned the fact that we're understaffed in that presser yesterday (which I thought was v.good fwiw).

The exact quote was:

"We are a little bit short in terms of staff because Brian and Steven have left which leaves us easily two members of staff down, you know it was a small group of staff anyway behind the scenes so it's been difficult. You've got two full time football coaches if you like in myself and David Clarkson trying to run a first team, Reserves, an 18s and an Academy."

I wasn't at the AGM but I still find it wild that Hammell seems to have been so dead set against adding to the coaching staff given Alexander had been discussing the need to replace Lasley last summer.

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Funnily enough...Aberdeen have just announced a Manager recruitment update.

I mean, hopefully he's had a list of names prepped and is offering some direction. Even if it's not in an official capacity.

I thought it was interesting that Kettlewell mentioned the fact that we're understaffed in that presser yesterday (which I thought was v.good fwiw).

The exact quote was:

I wasn't at the AGM but I still find it wild that Hammell seems to have been so dead set against adding to the coaching staff given Alexander had been discussing the need to replace Lasley last summer.

It was more a DoF or someone commensurate to his that he p***kled at. A subordinate probably would have been ok if he felt it undermine him.

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The fact that Aberdeen and us are fishing in entirely different ponds when it comes to managers would make this less of an issue than it might have been.

44 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

It was more a DoF or someone commensurate to his that he p***kled at. A subordinate probably would have been ok if he felt it undermine him.

Ah right, that's a bit more understandable.

I had interpreted it more as him getting bent out of shape about being asked if he'd consider getting in experienced support staff to assist him.

I mean, he didn't do that either so it was just him and Kerrso against the world Thelma and Louise'ing it in the end. As I said a few pages back, what would have kept him *in* a job was actually winning games so dismissing potential solutions out of hand seems pretty short sighted.

Edited by capt_oats

46 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Does seem awful hardheaded to be in a situation where you cannae buy a win but also won't accept that maybe having someone to help you might be a good thing. Particularly when it ends up with you playing KvV at LWB and hoping miracles occur when you've no defence. 

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Are you continually doing this on purpose?

In the big scheme of things does it make any real difference.

There’s people who get bent out of shape over Chris Humphries and Humphrey, Sean Hutchison and Hutchinson and those who don’t.

8 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

In the big scheme of things does it make any real difference.

There’s people who get bent out of shape over Chris Humphries and Humphrey, Sean Hutchison and Hutchinson and those who don’t.

Wonder if we'll get a miracle return of Joshua Maurice tonight. 

48 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I see Jack Ross' odds have shortened since I posted earlier today. Someone has stuck a fiver on him?

Now 4/1 from 10/1.

Screenshot2023-02-15at16_42_45.thumb.png.78ffb16e57ec8a7b2babbcfe16bde063.png

Society board apparently informed that 3 interviews scheduled. One with Jack Ross and 2 English based candidates. So maybe it was one of that lot who fired on the five spot.