Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

OK...I'll re-word it...I don't think Cadden is good enough at the moment for Scotland, and I'm not sure he ever will be.

It seems like a lazy call-up by the fud in charge...Tait is better on the right than Cadden is, and Campbell is better in the middle.

A cup winners medal and a Scotland cap, leading to a £1m+ move in the summer.   Could be a very lucrative summer for all concerned.

Lovely stuff Cadds.  Congratulations!

I'm pleased that he got a call-up. My view on Cadden this season is - given he has so far in his career been seen almost as a "winger" and definitely as an attacking player - he has had a really good season as a defender.  I've not really seen it commented on but we are maybe guilty of judging his performance as an attacker when he isn't playing as one. Cadden's delivery isn't as good as Tait's currently - but if he works on that, he could be really good in a position where Scotland could be doing with someone...

In terms of his development from here - there is probably a lot more chance of him having a good career at a higher level as a modern wing back than as an attacking midfielder.

Just now, Swello said:

I'm pleased that he got a call-up. My view on Cadden this season is - given he has so far in his career been seen almost as a "winger" and definitely as an attacking player - he has had a really good season as a defender.  I've not really seen it commented on but we are maybe guilty of judging his performance as an attacker when he isn't playing as one. Cadden's delivery isn't as good as Tait's currently - but if he works on that, he could be really good in a position where Scotland could be doing with someone...

In terms of his development from here - there is probably a lot more chance of him having a good career at a higher level as a modern wing back than as an attacking midfielder.

I think Cadden has done really well to build his game around his strengths. He's perhaps limited as a footballer, but he does have as much stamina and strength as anyone in the league and he's exploiting that.

Good luck to him. I hope he gets a decent crack at it. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

According to Police Scotland's travel advice they are telling our coaches to take the 'M73/M77/Dumbreck corridor' route to Hampden on Saturday. Surely to God they aren't actually expecting our coaches to basically go through the city centre then Kingston Bridge instead of just staying on the M74 to the merge with M8 are they? It's bad enough that we need to pass the Polmadie cut off if we stay on the M74 but to send us onto the M73 is madness!

Still, as long as Celtic get their end of Hampden in defiance of any logistical sense.

Hope there are some cast iron bladders ready for that bus trip.

13 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

MJC, what did Main say about filling Moult's boots? I've missed that.

He said he wasn't bothered about filling anyone's boots, because he had his own.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Still, as long as Celtic get their end of Hampden in defiance of any logistical sense.

Aye it's going to be a long bus trip.

The buses from Fir Park leave at 1pm and Club 100 buses leave at half one so it'll be cutting it fine getting into Hampden going that route on a Saturday afternoon.

I see Michael Higdon has been doing some press - he looks in the same shape as he was when he played for us and he certainly won't have lost any pace - get him out of retirement and signed up! :)

nintchdbpict000406446296.jpg?strip=all&w

5 hours ago, Swello said:

My heart goes out to all Motherwell based fans on Saturday. That’s some journey to undertake from Motherwell to Hampden. Are you having to stay overnight somewhere?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

My heart goes out to all Motherwell based fans on Saturday. That’s some journey to undertake from Motherwell to Hampden. Are you having to stay overnight somewhere?

Already booked a room in the Travelodge at the Gorbals

52 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Remember being two up against them last season? I'd still be a nervous wreck for the rest of the game- I was only confident for the last 5 minutes of the semi.

I honestly don't know how I'll handle it if we are ahead or even level going into the latter stages. I keep getting these nagging doubts of a 'reverse Skippy Sunday' scenario if we were leading late on.

Can we not just win it 1-0 or 2-1 with the winner coming in the last minute of injury time please? You know the type where it comes so late that the referee blows for full time as soon as Celtic re-start the game.