Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Being linked to Aberdeen so most likely already way out of our price range but I wonder if we could afford/tempt Jason Naismith. Would allow us to move Tait to LWB permanently and put Cadden back into midfield.  He's obviously an absolute unit too which is always nice.

I'm already ashamed of myself for making a "could do a job" type post.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Pretty sure Scott McDonald became the leading goalscorer in the post-'75 era last season, didn't he?  Something like 77 goals.

@capt_oats will be the man for this.

Edited by Desp

32 minutes ago, Desp said:

Pretty sure Scott McDonald became the leading goalscorer in the post-'75 era last season, didn't he?  Something like 77 goals.

@capt_oats will be the man for this.

Unfortunately not. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to the archives sort of stuff.

Based on some of his past posts on Steelmen I wondered if @crazylegsjoe might have an idea on that sort of thing?

Seeing as we're getting an all new website in the coming months I'd have said an archives page with top 10 all time top scorers etc info and that sort of historic data would be a worthwhile addition for general reference.

I know it's notorious for being wrong on these kind of things and often doesn't include everything, but Wikipedia has Scott McDonald and John Sutton both on 66.

Just now, Al B said:

I know it's notorious for being wrong on these kind of things and often doesn't include everything, but Wikipedia has Scott McDonald and John Sutton both on 66.

Is there a link for that? I was sure I found a wiki page ages ago that had a list of top scorers but I've never been able to find it again.

41 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Dunfermline fans seem to have heard about Nicky Clark having already agreed a pre-contract with you. Anyone heard about it?

Casagolda is going to lose his shit when he hears about this latest rumour :lol: 

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Is there a link for that? I was sure I found a wiki page ages ago that had a list of top scorers but I've never been able to find it again.

Nah I just looked on their individual player pages, and it has their games/goals for each club underneath their photo.

Again all Wikipedia so more than likely wrong, but:

Esteban Casagolda - 196

Tommy Coyne - 59

Dougie Arnott - 59

David Clarkson - 49

Michael Higdon - 40

James McFadden - 37

Edited by Al B

9 minutes ago, Al B said:

Since they're level I'm awarding it to big Johnny Handsome on looks alone. 

12 minutes ago, Al B said:

They are and they aren't.

Most media sources credit a goal to Zaine Francis-Angol against Aberdeen in 2014, that the club credit to John Sutton. It was similar to the Barry Robson/Faddy penalty for Scotland against Iceland where it's really hard to tell.

The club will officially say Sutton has 67 league goals, but any kind of stats site will tell you 66.

52 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Dunfermline fans seem to have heard about Nicky Clark having already agreed a pre-contract with you. Anyone heard about it?

I know Saints had spoken to him last month and he was rumoured to have signed a pre contract with us. Tommy has backtracked on 1 of the pre contracts that were offered, was hoping it was him tbh.

52 minutes ago, Desp said:

Casagolda is going to lose his shit when he hears about this latest rumour :lol: 

I’d genuinely take big Esteban himself back over some of the names we’ve been linked with...

esteban-casagolda-d219d809-4c54-48a0-85f

FYI

Top scorer in the Belgian 2nd Division these days, for a team who’re managed by Nigel Pearson and recently released former Celtic wunderkind Tony Watt-presumably cause he couldn’t get a game ahead of Casagolda.

Edited by Casagolda

26 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I’d genuinely take big Esteban himself back over some of the names we’ve been linked with...

esteban-casagolda-d219d809-4c54-48a0-85f

FYI

Top scorer in the Belgian 2nd Division these days, for a team who’re managed by Nigel Pearson and recently released former Celtic wunderkind Tony Watt-presumably cause he couldn’t get a game ahead of Casagolda.

Tbf, at least Tony Watt's agent wasn't a nonce.

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Tbf, at least Tony Watt's agent wasn't a nonce.

Didn't the agent have close links to Craig Brown? 

Not for me to put two and two together, but were those shirts and footballs from the club shop really for his grandkids...?

For interest - my post from the other thread...

Missed an obvious one...can you add Louis Moult in between Higdon and McFadden? 38 Goals.

Further Edit - Found the wiki list, some fairly major edits:

Willie Pettigrew scored 80 goals, but that was between '72 and '79.

Stevie Kirk - 63

Willie Irvine - 49

John Gahagan - 38

Bobby Graham - 37

Brian McLaughlin - 37

Jamie Murphy - 34

Lionel Ainsworth - 25

Owen Coyle - 25

There's a ton more below 25 but I'm sure that's enough. As an aside, our all-time record goalscorer is Hughie Ferguson with 284 goals in 288 games!! Jesus Christ!

Never been in this thread before, probably never be back.

I'd like to wish all the supporters a great day out on Saturday, win or lose.

I would like to wish all the players the greatest day and make history, that will live for you to the day you leave this earth, as if you win, you will leave not just here memories of the fans standing on sidelines, but memories for grandchildren that will be born in 10 & 20 years from today. It not every season you get this chance, make it happen.

Safe day everyone. I'll be cheering you all on from the other side of the planet.

7 minutes ago, Al B said:

For interest - my post from the other thread...

Missed an obvious one...can you add Louis Moult in between Higdon and McFadden? 38 Goals.

Further Edit - Found the wiki list, some fairly major edits:

Willie Pettigrew scored 80 goals, but that was between '72 and '79.

Stevie Kirk - 63

Willie Irvine - 49

John Gahagan - 38

Bobby Graham - 37

Brian McLaughlin - 37

Jamie Murphy - 34

Lionel Ainsworth - 25

Owen Coyle - 25

There's a ton more below 25 but I'm sure that's enough. As an aside, our all-time record goalscorer is Hughie Ferguson with 284 goals in 288 games!! Jesus Christ!

Can you post that link just so I can bookmark it? Ta.