Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I still think Morgan is a player but he was one that was most likely have to be developed for a few seasons first like Christie and Rogic. Turnbull development wise is way ahead than they were joining so will probably get about 15/20 starts this season and go up and up from there.

I'd agree with this as well.

Any time I've seen Morgan he looks good, but doesn't have as obvious a place in a team as Turnbull does. Morgan's versatility as a player is great at a lower level, and allowed him to exploit weaknesses in teams wherever he could, but McGregor aside, Celtic players have a far more obvious role in the team.

Happy to be corrected on that, but very much my impression of Morgan.

I'm still not entirely sure Christie is quite the project he is made out to be either. Celtic didn't really seem to know what to do with him until he took Hearts apart in the second half of the League Cup semi and never looked back, and that appearance came out more of necessity than plan, for me. Odd one.

f**k him, he gets no good wishes from me joining those b*****ds and to anyone that upsets, tough...put it in your pipe and smoke it. Any other club I would have been fine with, but not that shower.

I will seriously need to consider avoiding the first home of the season against that lot, as no doubt the usual mugs in our support will applaud him, then he'll score and we'll have to listen to their hoardes singing One David Turnbull or whatever. I think I'd blow a fucking gasket.

As a club we need to forget about Turnbull and move on to the new season.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

f**k him, he gets no good wishes from me joining those b*****ds and to anyone that upsets, tough...put it in your pipe and smoke it. Any other club I would have been fine with, but not that shower.

I will seriously need to consider avoiding the first home of the season against that lot, as no doubt the usual mugs in our support will applaud him, then he'll score and we'll have to listen to their hoardes singing One David Turnbull or whatever. I think I'd blow a fucking gasket.

As a club we need to forget about Turnbull and move on to the new season.

😭

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

Turnbull signed a deal in January which has allowed us to secure a deal which ensures the clubs financial future for years to come. Anyone saying "f**k him" is a fucking idiot. HTH.

I'm sure MJC will also boo every player Motherwell are able to sign as a direct result of the money this deal will bring in, just to make sure he really sticks to his principles.

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Turnbull signed a deal in January which has allowed us to secure a deal which ensures the clubs financial future for years to come. Anyone saying "f**k him" is a fucking idiot.

HTH.

Frankly, I couldn't care less.

He's leaving us for Celtic, a club I despise. I don't wish him anything but failure, the same as I did with Tom Boyd, Phil O'Donnell, Scott McDonald or Stephen Pearson before him. 

My first instinct when this first came out last week was that I was disappointed that he was joining Celtic as the sell-on would be less than we'd likely get if his next move were between English clubs and that still stands. But - given that we have a sell-on in the deal with Celtic, it's not as simple as "f**k 'im" - we have an interest that he does well enough to earn a decently big move next time and so for the sake of our bank balance (and to a lesser extent, for the sake of the national team), I hope he does well. 

It will still be a massive downer to see him score against us at the start of August, as is surely inevitable....

1 minute ago, MJC said:

He's leaving us for Celtic, a club I despise. I don't wish him anything but failure, the same as I did with Tom Boyd, Phil O'Donnell, Scott McDonald or Stephen Pearson before him. 

You're an adult.

Can we keep this on topic please? If anyone wants to go down the Rangers route I'll happily go to a Rangers thread with you and we can discuss them there, this is the Motherwell FC thread and something I take seriously, so keep to the point eh?

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

Can we keep this on topic please? If anyone wants to go down the Rangers route I'll happily go to a Rangers thread with you and we can discuss them there, this is the Motherwell FC thread and something I take seriously, so keep to the point eh?

meltdown_in_progress_please_stand_back_t_shirt-r163f6fdff861480ea21f0ad6b5480241_k2gg9_307.jpg

Guest Moomintroll
Can you please explain why you hate Celtic so much but don't seem to mind Rangers? I am intrigued as frankly I hope both of the vile institutions fall victim to a very localised Nuclear disaster.

41 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

They didn't pay 3 mill+ for Morgan. 3 million is a fairly big fee for even Celtic to see him sit on the bench.  Lennon really rates him and was his #1 target, Lennon is also a stubborn c**t so I reckon he will get plenty of game time even if he's not playing well..

We paid around £3 million for kouassi he hasn't kick a ball even outwith some of his injuries.
Celtic play over 60 games a season if he signs for me there will be two options out on loan or taking the work load off other midfielders.
If he gets 20 first team games he will be doing well.

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm still not entirely sure Christie is quite the project he is made out to be either. Celtic didn't really seem to know what to do with him until he took Hearts apart in the second half of the League Cup semi and never looked back, and that appearance came out more of necessity than plan, for me. Odd one.

That's fair enough, how true it was he was close to leaving last season remains up for debate but I think Rodgers told him to bulk up more  and he put on a stone in muscle which seems to have transformed his ability to play more central. But I didn't see the contribution he made last season coming and I doubt any of the coaching staff did either.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Can you please explain why you hate Celtic so much but don't seem to mind Rangers? I am intrigued as frankly I hope both of the vile institutions fall victim to a very localised Nuclear disaster.

For a variety of reasons.

- as a Motherwell fan, they are the club with the support whom I have suffered most grief from. I find their support, particularly their travelling support far more intimidating and prone to violence than any other in Scotland

- as a club, we have lost more players to Celtic than Rangers over the years - it's happening again here. Naturally that annoys me.

- I have nothing but contempt for a club who's support regularly sing about the death of a former Motherwell FC player 

- I hate them for their faux victim mentality, which they shove in everyone's faces with one hand, yet use the other to shove their sense of entitlement and arrogance in everyone's faces. They use this to bully and manipulate everyone in Scottish football and it works for them. They portray themselves as downtrodden victims yet on the other hand smash up away stands, carry out political demonstrations for any left wing cause they decide to hijack for their own attention seeking means. And they get away with it all 

Celtic FC are the playground bully of Scottish football and they have shat on the club I support time and time again over the years, therefore I will wish no player well who leaves us for them and I don't care if the sale nets us £3M or £10M.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That's fair enough, how true it was he was close to leaving last season remains up for debate but I think Rodgers told him to bulk up more  and he put on a stone in muscle which seems to have transformed his ability to play more central. But I didn't see the contribution he made last season coming and I doubt any of the coaching staff did either.

Christie to Aberdeen was a done deal.