Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Its been obvious for about the last year that the Joshua-Whyte rematch was going to happen next year followed by Miller/Pulev. Why the  f**k is anyone shocked at it now. The earliest Joshua fights Wilder is next October/November. The Fury fight will never happen i don't think, Joshua/Hearn don't want any of that.

Its been obvious for about the last year that the Joshua-Whyte rematch was going to happen next year followed by Miller/Pulev. Why the  f**k is anyone shocked at it now. The earliest Joshua fights Wilder is next October/November. The Fury fight will never happen i don't think, Joshua/Hearn don't want any of that.
Joshua wants to make a fortune and get out, fair play. He doesn't strike me as a guy who loves fighting but if he keeps going on about leaving a legacy he needs to step up. A rematch with Whyte would sell out but hardly legendary stuff.

Jermell Charlo loses his 0. I had him slightly ahead but not the robbery most are claiming on Twitter. Charlo put on a lot of volume but was missing shots galore. Harrison countered well enough to win rounds. Charlo's corner must have known it was gonna be close as they seemed to tell him to really go for it in the last couple of rounds and he did, just couldn't find a finish.

Jermell Charlo loses his 0. I had him slightly ahead but not the robbery most are claiming on Twitter. Charlo put on a lot of volume but was missing shots galore. Harrison countered well enough to win rounds. Charlo's corner must have known it was gonna be close as they seemed to tell him to really go for it in the last couple of rounds and he did, just couldn't find a finish.
With the recent judging etc he could have been rounds to the good in some folks' eyes. Agree he was whaling quite a bit mind.

I had Jermall needing a finish in the 12th. He landed some big shots and had Korobov wobbled, but he recovered well to see the fight out. Jermall far too patient, showing too much respect. Korobov was landing straight lefts and hooks at will. Both brothers badly open to counters. 

One judge just had it 119-108 for Jermall. Think I'm done with Boxing for a little while.

5 hours ago, Super_A said:

Maybe he was trolling but Hearn dropping hints Fury might not be under contract with Warren now, making AJ v Fury as possibility. I’m just wasting typing though - bound to be AJ v Whyte. 

Just back at the Hotel, decent card, but feeling a wee bit deflated to see Frampton beaten so comprehensively like that. Thought all three judges were respectfully generous to Carl. He weathered the storm after the blistering pace that Warrington set in the first two, but just didn’t seem to have it in him to step up another gear beyond getting back in the fight in rounds 5 & 6. Warrington was tremendous throughout and thoroughly deserved the plaudits after a convincing win that very few predicted. His energy and work rate never waned, great to watch! Really hope that he gets the fight that HE wants in the States next up.
As for Frampton, he’s probably exceeded most expectations over his career and given his following some amazing away trips. Call it a day wee man and enjoy a well earned retirement.

I agree it was a shame to see Frampton at the end think he was fighting back the tears. Had a great career and was a great super bantam but struggled a bit up at Feather because of his size and reach compared to the likes of Warrington and Santa Cruz.

As for Warrington look forward to what he does next. I still don’t particularly think he is a great boxer but with his fitness, attitude and work rate he is a very good fighter if that makes sense. He will make life hard for skilled guys because once he gets inside he is so busy and drags them into a scrap. He also seems to be very big at that weight. He is very good to watch and would love to see him in with Leo Santa Cruz as they both have that busy style and that could make a great fight.

8 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:
9 hours ago, Super_A said:

Joshua wants to make a fortune and get out, fair play. He doesn't strike me as a guy who loves fighting but if he keeps going on about leaving a legacy he needs to step up. A rematch with Whyte would sell out but hardly legendary stuff.

I agree. He’s want to make a fortune and be healthy. Good luck to him.

He is not a fighting champion at all and won’t gamble on beating a Wilder or Fury when he can continue to line up bums like Parker and Whyte.

What's all this shite I see about someone getting punted last night for wearing a Union Jack waistcoat?

Given that there's zero percent chance of this being true, anyone know the real story?

I agree it was a shame to see Frampton at the end think he was fighting back the tears. Had a great career and was a great super bantam but struggled a bit up at Feather because of his size and reach compared to the likes of Warrington and Santa Cruz.

As for Warrington look forward to what he does next. I still don’t particularly think he is a great boxer but with his fitness, attitude and work rate he is a very good fighter if that makes sense. He will make life hard for skilled guys because once he gets inside he is so busy and drags them into a scrap. He also seems to be very big at that weight. He is very good to watch and would love to see him in with Leo Santa Cruz as they both have that busy style and that could make a great fight.

Technically, Warrington is sound. His fitness and attitude set him apart though. Probably said on this thread at the time I thought Selby would beat him unless he can outwork him, same thoughts last night. Seeing that not only can he outwork folk but he can hurt and outbox them.
Imo, should be Warrington or our very own Tartan Tornado for fighter of the year.

Technically, Warrington is sound. His fitness and attitude set him apart though. Probably said on this thread at the time I thought Selby would beat him unless he can outwork him, same thoughts last night. Seeing that not only can he outwork folk but he can hurt and outbox them.
Imo, should be Warrington or our very own Tartan Tornado for fighter of the year.

See I thought when it was a boxing match Frampton had some success but as soon as it turned into a scrap it was all Warrington with his work rate and aggressive style. I actually like his style and a lot of guys will struggle to cope with his work rate. Might come unstuck if he comes up against someone very quick or heavy handed though who can hurt him close up during flurries. Cause Frampton did catch him a few times but didn’t appear to be able to hurt him.

Taylor has had a good year but Warrington edges it for me due to the level of opponent he faced. He was a big underdog but won both fights convincingly, should have been unanimous against Selby.

18 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

See I thought when it was a boxing match Frampton had some success but as soon as it turned into a scrap it was all Warrington with his work rate and aggressive style. I actually like his style and a lot of guys will struggle to cope with his work rate. Might come unstuck if he comes up against someone very quick or heavy handed though who can hurt him close up during flurries. Cause Frampton did catch him a few times but didn’t appear to be able to hurt him.

Taylor has had a good year but Warrington edges it for me due to the level of opponent he faced. He was a big underdog but won both fights convincingly, should have been unanimous against Selby.

Totally agree. Taylor has  has came through everything he was expected to. Warrington was underdog in two massive fights and has been outstanding in both.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

If the judges had done their job Fury would be in the mix, all things considered, his performance against Wilder was nearly unbelievable.