Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Ngannou completely out cold. Brutal knockout.

Joshua finally showing that people shouldn't just be stepping into the ring when they've not dedicated years to the sport .

Made Ngannou look like a complete amateur and highlights just now little Fury put into the last one.

Calling out the Fury/Usyk winner.

Not sure I can see it for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I’m very doubtful that fight will even go ahead. Even if it does, new WBO interim champion Joseph Parker will surely have the first chance to fight the winner. 

Imagine saying, 'most importantly, people of Saudi' after just shouting out the people that have travelled from your home town to support you.

f**k sake.

:lol:

I don’t believe Fury would take an AJ fight & Usyk’s been there, twice. No matter the outcome of Usyk/Fury, the titles will become vacant.

Edited by kiddy

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I don’t believe Fury would take an AJ fight & Usyk’s been there, twice. No matter the outcome of Usyk/Fury, the titles will become vacant.

I think AJ was non committal as he's lost to Usyk twice, tbh.

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Calling out the Fury/Usyk winner.

Not sure I can see it for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I’m very doubtful that fight will even go ahead. Even if it does, new WBO interim champion Joseph Parker will surely have the first chance to fight the winner. 

Think Hrgovic has first shout. (IBF)

More importantly, does Ngannou get another fight? Possible confidence boost for Wilder?

The Sky panel asking if AJ is the best in the world and thinking he has a chance of beating Fury just conveniently forgetting that Usyk wiped the floor with him - twice.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

More importantly, does Ngannou get another fight? Possible confidence boost for Wilder?

The Sky panel asking if AJ is the best in the world and thinking he has a chance of beating Fury just conveniently forgetting that Usyk wiped the floor with him - twice.

I think the point made tonight, was that the top MMA “strikers” are a long way off elite level boxers; & likewise, should these boxers ever try to crossover into the Octagon, they would find themselves victim of a similar deficit.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I think the point made tonight, was that the top MMA “strikers” are a long way off elite level boxers; & likewise, should these boxers ever try to crossover into the Octagon, they would find themselves victim of a similar deficit.

That was a point that never needed making but the money talks.

Fury mentioned rematch clauses in his contract with Usyk pretty much kicking any possible AJ fight well into 25. By which time AJ will be 35, Fury 36 & Usyk 38!

As an aside, interesting to note Joe Parker has only just turned 32.👀

Edited by kiddy

Glad the crossover circus has received the result it deserves. 

Terrible to see Sky etc calling these things the way they do. It's a nothing win for AJ, and only serves to embarass Fury. Also the constant wanking over "his exellency". f**k. Right. Off. 

20 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Hi guys, just popping in to once again tell you of my long standing belief that AJ absolutely sparks out Fury.

The most capable man of beating Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury IMO. That's what the Ngannou fight almost was. A lot has to happen and time has to pass before we see him v AJ, but no way Tyson Fury half arses that fight. 

However, I'm not actually sure his head is right NOW to get past Usyk. Bearing in mind we still.have to see those two even get to the ring. 

TL,DR for me we learned very little lastnight that we didn't already know.