Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I'm abroad just now. Does anyone have a link for the Thurman - Porter and Joshua - Brazaele fights please? Don't want to search on Google because I'll see the results first. Will watch the full broadcasts when I get home.

ETA I've got the Joshua fight now.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

I'm abroad just now. Does anyone have a link for the Thurman - Porter and Joshua - Brazaele fights please? Don't want to search on Google because I'll see the results first. Will watch the full broadcasts when I get home.

ETA I've got the Joshua fight now.

http://www.allthebestfights.com/thurman-vs-porter-full-fight-video-pelea-2016/

Quite shit quality

Joshua's performance was underwhelming imo, don't want to sound too harsh on him because fighters with power understandably play to those strengths but he could do with adding a couple of more gears to his game.

Thurman is the opposite to that. I always thought that he'd win he's a tremendous boxer, the lack of jab from him made the fight closer than expected. Great fight though, one of the best I've seen this year.

The UniMas show was pretty bad. Always High Mike getting a pretty bad decision over a club fighter, Korobov losing 5-3 to Vera but getting 4 knockdowns to save himself, he got it pretty wide on the judges cards anyway.

Can't believe Alvarados still fighting. I'll watch that card when I get home.

Groves-Murray was a great fight, I thought Murray was going to be pulled out just after the halfway stage but he rallied superbly.  Groves gave a great performance as well, showed real character and skill.  Maybe if he'd been in with a solid super-middle rather than someone stepping up he wouldn't have been able to take the punches he did but kudos to him for doing it.

Breazeale is clearly a tough guy but was very limited.  Joshua did well enough considering and showed decent variety.  I agree with the point made above, his level of competition is probably fine for a 17-0 fighter but the fact that they are billed as world title fights is a little jarring.

Thurman-Porter was superb, an excellent fight.  Felt a bit sorry for Thurman getting booed at the end - it was extremely tight and while I could see the argument for Porter getting the nod, I had Thurman just ahead.  Just a classic match up of styles, two tough, classy guys.  Really enjoyable.

I'd say it's more than likely. GGG has said he wants to fight in London and nobody else seems to want to fight him. It's a no lose situation for Eubank, as he'll make a shitload of cash in a fight he'll be expected to lose.