Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Guess he has. He’s still listed on their website, alongside Taylor, Easton and Chris Billam-Smith.
Would definitely expect Taylor to end up part of the matchroom squad which would be a shame for us imo, but probably best for him.

His fight next week beign on Sky basically confirmed it for me. 

4 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Would be a nightmare if Taylor got picked up by Matchroom, his careers moving along at a good pace just now.  

2 hours ago, Stevieda said:

No chance he signs with matchroom. 100% going to top rank.

2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

No chance he signs with Top Rank. 100% going to Golden Boy.

Hay 'mon!

Yup Canelo won that fairly comfortably I felt.

I can never truly enjoy a Canelo fight it's always in the back of my mind he's juiced up and a cheating b*****d.

Must have the best chin in boxing though the big nacho munching basturt.

The two left hooks he took in the 9th were ridiculous. That arsehole Margarito used to put concrete in his gloves but I genuinely thought Canelo must have had concrete in his boots not to be shifted by that. Hell of a chin.

I had it a draw, but could easily see it 115-113 for Canelo. Nice to have seen a big fight where there are no controversies over the scorecards. Canelo’s head movement in the first half of the fight was tremendous, and was probably what edged it as in terms of quality landed there wasn’t a huge difference for me, the fact that Canelo made him miss a little more was the differential.

Want the third instalment of Canelo v Golovkin now. GGG won the first two for me, and would be interesting to see what further alterations he’ll make with Jonathon Banks as his new trainer.

ETA: Beterbiev v Kalajdzic is worth a watch. Beterbiev is a monster.