Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Taylor seems far too clever to get caught being complacent. He has operated at a far higher level but hasnt had a huge number of fights so theres no reason for hin to be lazy or jaded with such a fight as this.

That, and the fact he worked his arse off to win all the belts and Catterall can take them off him in one night should keep the focus as Adam Smith said.

Plenty mutual respect in the buildup, its funny when you see the sort of guy Taylor is in flashes though. It was all pally then Catterall said something about Taylor pulling iut the original date, and a flash of pure rage went over Taylor. The laddie has a temper for sure.

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Taylor seems far too clever to get caught being complacent. He has operated at a far higher level but hasnt had a huge number of fights so theres no reason for hin to be lazy or jaded with such a fight as this.

That, and the fact he worked his arse off to win all the belts and Catterall can take them off him in one night should keep the focus as Adam Smith said.

Plenty mutual respect in the buildup, its funny when you see the sort of guy Taylor is in flashes though. It was all pally then Catterall said something about Taylor pulling iut the original date, and a flash of pure rage went over Taylor. The laddie has a temper for sure.

Definitely has a nasty streak that appears out of nowhere. Catterall just said at the presser there the respect will go out the window once they go to punch each other's heads in, smiles goes off of Josh and he says 'you couldnae punch a phone number in ya c**t' :lol:

Same as AJ in that respect, pretty intimidating when it comes out. Catterall seems like a much nicer lad, who knows if that makes any difference in the ring.

Definitely has a nasty streak that appears out of nowhere. Catterall just said at the presser there the respect will go out the window once they go to punch each other's heads in, smiles goes off of Josh and he says 'you couldnae punch a phone number in ya c**t' [emoji38]
Same as AJ in that respect, pretty intimidating when it comes out. Catterall seems like a much nicer lad, who knows if that makes any difference in the ring.
Didnt see the whole presser. Did see the bit where Taylor obviously decided respect time was over and started about how he had more fans coming from England than Catterall did [emoji23]

Its definitely partly just part of Taylors fight week, lets get up for this routine, but theres undoubtedly a bit of a vicious undercurrent to him.

Usyk Joshua will now be in doubt I imagine as the absolute top boi has flown back to the Ukraine to join his countries war efforts. Considering what he has, and has coming to him in the near future, an unbelievable decision and gesture

42d6419c37dd91dbc64bd5430b55f122.jpg
a349a943d627c7bc7ce33350a69211ad.jpg

Imagine Taylor will likely stop catterall mid / late rounds in the actual boxing.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Usyk Joshua will now be in doubt I imagine as the absolute top boi has flown back to the Ukraine to join his countries war efforts. Considering what he has, and has coming to him in the near future, an unbelievable decision and gesture

42d6419c37dd91dbc64bd5430b55f122.jpg
a349a943d627c7bc7ce33350a69211ad.jpg

Imagine Taylor will likely stop catterall mid / late rounds in the actual boxing.

I will certainly and unashamedly shed a tear if him or either of the Klitschkos are taken in this war. Insane levels of bravery. 

14 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The Klitschkos and Usyk are doing exactly what you would expect of their character. With the money and lifestyle these guys have made for themselves, it would be very easy for them to sit this one out very comfortably miles away from any fighting. From reports on Twitter they have decided to head to Kyiv, put on a bullet proof vest and take up arms in defence of their country. In this day and age we shouldn’t have to be talking about men readying themselves for war in Europe, but their bravery has to be admired when you consider the danger they are putting themselves in. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine Usyk returns from war straight into training and bodies AJ again....... I'd be clearing space for an Usyk tattoo immediately

AJ does a 12 week camp in the GB Olympic boxing facility, eating food prepared by a private nutritionist, taking ice baths and receiving a daily sports massage for recovery.

Usyk tips up at the arena half an hour before the fight is supposed to start, after 12 weeks of returning fire at Russian soldiers in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and boxes the ears of Joshua for 12 rounds. 

We are living amongst strange times these days, but it’s absolutely bonkers that such a scenario could actually end up playing out in the next couple of months. 

Usyk is from Crimea and has previously avoided any political talk. Respect to him.

I am going to the Taylor fight tonight, my first ever live boxing experience. Can someone advise me on the proper protocol, should I start fighting random spectators before or after singing Sweet Caroline? When is the optimal time to start snorting coke?

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

AJ does a 12 week camp in the GB Olympic boxing facility, eating food prepared by a private nutritionist, taking ice baths and receiving a daily sports massage for recovery.

Usyk tips up at the arena half an hour before the fight is supposed to start, after 12 weeks of returning fire at Russian soldiers in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and boxes the ears of Joshua for 12 rounds. 

Sounds like Rocky IV.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Usyk is from Crimea and has previously avoided any political talk. Respect to him.

I am going to the Taylor fight tonight, my first ever live boxing experience. Can someone advise me on the proper protocol, should I start fighting random spectators before or after singing Sweet Caroline? When is the optimal time to start snorting coke?

The optimal coke time was 3pm. Doing it then would have meant you instinctively knew the protocol around pre-/post-Sweet Caroline fighting

Fair play to any c**t that steps in to the ring...but this heavyweight fight is embarrassing.
Its truly incredible that this is telvised on a big card. Genuinely think I would make a better fist of it than either of these two with a few weeks decent training. An utter embarrasment.