Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

22 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Crawford v Spence Jnr finally confirmed 29th July. This is in my opinion, the best fight to be made in boxing. 

506A4E59-DF93-4EC7-A768-0D11A8491056.jpeg

About fucking time is the understatement of the year for this one, but they IMO have JUST caught it in time before the caveats and asterisks begun to appear. Its still highly relevant and will be hotly anticipated .

That said, give me Bud in a fairly clear UD

Tyson Fury says he’s sent a contract to Matchroom for a fight with Joshua, they say he hasn’t, blah blah blah. Same old shit on this one. Mad that the clip they always play to show what a big shot Daniel Kinahan was on boxing is Fury saying that Kinahan sorted him the AJ fight - which never happened and probably never will. 

Fantastic start in Conlon Lopez. Thought Conlon won the first two, and was doing well the first half of the third, but Lopez has been launching bombs since the start and caught Conlon with a number of them second half of the third. Fair play to Conlon for seeing it through. Big questions are whether Conlon can withstand it, or Lopez keep the pace going. All square after 4 for me.

ETA: question answered, couldn’t withstand it, an absolute screamer of an uppercut as Conlon dipped his head. Beautifully timed.

Edited by J_Stewart

Okolie is just committing career suicide here. He could have easily won this through better boxing but he’s so desperate for a knockout that he has been so sloppy and made to pay for it.

Okolie is quite simply not a very good boxer. A good athlete certainly, but not a good boxer. Footwork is sloppy and puts him off balance regularly, he doesn’t really have a jab, more just an outstretched left hand to let him load up for a massively telegraphed right hand, and when he does throw it,  he launches forward and either grabs or  smother his work so he can’t throw again.

Think the last two knockdowns were actually pretty unfair, but with all the deductions and how poor Okolie has been, I’m not sure it should matter.