Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I don't see the issue with offering graphic designers exposure.

It's a one-off thing, that they presumably really enjoy doing, that can only help them moving forward.

They are effectively getting free advertising for their brand to an audience of tens of thousands across various social platforms.

There are no doubt volunteers that have the pish ripped out of them by clubs but this isn't a case of that IMO.

I actually think most offerors of unpaid trainee /intern, trial shift type thing need to have their houses set on fire. 

But I also don't really think this is that case, it's entirely optional and done by folk in their own home. Not like getting some poor teen to man the pie shack. I thought it was a good thing when one recently seemed to be a young woman based somewhere in Africa (mindful I could be troublingly misremembering). I agree with you. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I don't see the issue with offering graphic designers exposure.

It's a one-off thing, that they presumably really enjoy doing, that can only help them moving forward.

They are effectively getting free advertising for their brand to an audience of tens of thousands across various social platforms.

There are no doubt volunteers that have the pish ripped out of them by clubs but this isn't a case of that IMO.

They'll be thankful of it when the AI takes over.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

4 points from the playoff if County win tonight 😬

Alternatively, if county lose, then a win tomorrow, coupled with an expected Killie defeat and a Utd defeat, we would be potentially just a win away from avoiding even the playoffs.

By my (likely bad) maths, if we went into the final game pre split 10 ahead of Utd, 8 ahead of County and 7 ahead of Killie, then if all 3 lost 33rd game and we win, we would be 13, 11 and 10 clear. Given they all would have to play each other, it would take Utd winning all their games and County winning all theirs except v Utd for us even to drop into the playoffs.

Of course, us winning a game is near on impossible at the moment, but we are relatively close to being safe. Tomorrow's game is massive. 

20 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Alternatively, if county lose, then a win tomorrow, coupled with an expected Killie defeat and a Utd defeat, we would be potentially just a win away from avoiding even the playoffs.

By my (likely bad) maths, if we went into the final game pre split 10 ahead of Utd, 8 ahead of County and 7 ahead of Killie, then if all 3 lost 33rd game and we win, we would be 13, 11 and 10 clear. Given they all would have to play each other, it would take Utd winning all their games and County winning all theirs except v Utd for us even to drop into the playoffs.

Of course, us winning a game is near on impossible at the moment, but we are relatively close to being safe. Tomorrow's game is massive. 

I think that's all we can hope for. A dull end of season post split end to the season. 

County winning tonight would have added significantly more pressure to tomorrow.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

If your looking at fringe players and dropping some who are underperforming then I’d go with this. 

Bair up front with May as I can’t think who else can go with May. I like Rudden, but unless he’s staying next season we should try and work something with Bair.

IMG_4322.jpeg

Tonights result confirms we're one win from safety to me, still.

Would give us an 8pt lead over 11th and requires County to win at least 3 of their remaining 6 games.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tonights result confirms we're one win from safety to me, still.

Would give us an 8pt lead over 11th and requires County to win at least 3 of their remaining 6 games.

A bit like this? 😂 I’m generally pessimistic as f**k when it comes to Saints so I’ll struggle to believe we’re safe until were mathematically safe 

E09EBF9E-1CF8-4B05-8A32-A1191D493BD9.jpeg

8 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

A bit like this? 😂 I’m generally pessimistic as f**k when it comes to Saints so I’ll struggle to believe we’re safe until were mathematically safe 

E09EBF9E-1CF8-4B05-8A32-A1191D493BD9.jpeg

Aye its definitely possible for a side to do it, just not sure its possible for 3 to do it.

Killie have Celtic then St Mirren away, looks like 0pts.

County have Hearts at Tynecastle, looks like 0pts.

United have Motherwell/Livingston. Much harder to call, potentially 3 at best though.

So if we win today we'd likely be headed into the split 7pts clear of the bottom three.

Means two sides from the bottom three would have to win 3/5 games, just feels a stretch to me.

If we dont win before the split, its a different ball game, but i feel like we'll win today for some reason.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye its definitely possible for a side to do it, just not sure its possible for 3 to do it.

Killie have Celtic then St Mirren away, looks like 0pts.

County have Hearts at Tynecastle, looks like 0pts.

United have Motherwell/Livingston. Much harder to call, potentially 3 at best though.

So if we win today we'd likely be headed into the split 7pts clear of the bottom three.

Means two sides from the bottom three would have to win 3/5 games, just feels a stretch to me.

If we dont win before the split, its a different ball game, but i feel like we'll win today for some reason.

Hope you’re right. Andy Considine is still suspended today isn’t he? Have in my head you get an extra match for getting a second red card but ended up down an absolute rabbit hole trying to read the rules 

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Hope you’re right. Andy Considine is still suspended today isn’t he? Have in my head you get an extra match for getting a second red card but ended up down an absolute rabbit hole trying to read the rules 

I think he is, aye. Seen folk saying Shinnie will get an extra game because its his second red card, so assume its the same with Considine.

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The 5 is gone lads and ladies. 

But for how long? 

Just a coincidence but i think the only 2 times we've started a back 4 away from McDiarmid under Davidson have both been away to Livi.