Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Major trophies in last 10 years.

Wee  club St. Johnstone 3

Big club Hibernian 1

Out of 10 worst Scottish results in Europe

Hibernian 2 St. Johnstone 0.

Yeah! St. Johnstone heading to their rightful position!

You’re aware that we can remember you lost to Alashkert and Trakai right? Like we’re talking actual ties. To diddies from Armenia and Lithuania. Both in the top ten worst results comfortably, unlike Hibs’.

Anyway, could you do a Fair City Unity and go on hiatus for the next four years or so please? Cheers.

Edited by HibsFan

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

You’re aware that we can remember you lost to Alashkert and Trakai right? Like we’re capable of remembering that?

Anyway, could you do a Fair City Unity and go on hiatus for the next four years or so please? Cheers.

'YOU LOST'? who is you?

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Back to the game. To the Saints fans at the end who clapped the team WTAF. 😳

I’m not for booing but FFS.

I just leave when games are like today. Usually with a minute to go but today was 5 mins. 

I used to be get angry but starting to be less fuming as I get older. I also don't see the point in screaming abuse. No one feels better and it achieves nothing. 

Booing... A bit more acceptable in my opinion. It's expressing opinion without it getting personal.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I suppose one of the benefits in supporting a non OF diddy team is that when you have a shocker it's usually followed up by another diddy having one to take a bit of the heat off. So thanks for that lads.

Going to confidently predict that the Saintees won't go down this year although they may be entering a 'Hamilton' phase where they somehow continually avoid it to the despair of everyone else.

3 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

What is his best position supposed to be? I get the sense it’s not RW or as a CM which is where the manager has played him so far.

I genuinely dont know. Hes reminding me of Sheerin a bit.

Great left foot, no right foot, will try to defend but isnt aggressive enough to do it in the middle.

So aye, would've been interesting to see him on the left in a 4-4-2.

I know Ferguson had a stinker today but i prefer him in CM i think. Much more direct and able to run with the ball and just more of what we need IMO.

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Just looked up Steven MacLean on twitter. To see if there was comments from him on the radio etc. 

Just Celtic fans tweeting about him. Terms like Staunch *** being chucked about etc. He played for them but I'm not entirely sure he's some mad Orange man 🙃

Weirdly looking forward to Rangers winning a couple more trophy’s so that every time you search ‘St Johnstone’ you aren’t greeted by hundreds of Celtic fans mentioning it every 5 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Herc said:

I suppose one of the benefits in supporting a non OF diddy team is that when you have a shocker it's usually followed up by another diddy having one to take a bit of the heat off. So thanks for that lads.

Going to confidently predict that the Saintees won't go down this year although they may be entering a 'Hamilton' phase where they somehow continually avoid it to the despair of everyone else.

The Hamilton phase I want to see them emulate is getting relegated twice in short order.

Of course they were the original team to be relegated in successive seasons.

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Just looked up Steven MacLean on twitter. To see if there was comments from him on the radio etc. 

Just Celtic fans tweeting about him. Terms like Staunch *** being chucked about etc. He played for them but I'm not entirely sure he's some mad Orange man 🙃

Probably referring to the Ref of the same name.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I genuinely dont know. Hes reminding me of Sheerin a bit.

Great left foot, no right foot, will try to defend but isnt aggressive enough to do it in the middle.

So aye, would've been interesting to see him on the left in a 4-4-2.

I know Ferguson had a stinker today but i prefer him in CM i think. Much more direct and able to run with the ball and just more of what we need IMO.

My overarching view continues to be he simply won't go far in the game being that easily pushed off the ball. It's especially important to be able to hold defenders off when in possession for him because he lacks any pace whatsoever as well. 

Also, he should stop just throwing himself to the ground on the regular. Especially when he's been so meekly pushed aside.