Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Seen a few folk ranting that it took nearly an hour to get the cars out the car park. Surely not? 😬

Was only half full!

There was only one gate open at the top - no exit to slip road - and I don’t think police were directing traffic. Didn’t help that all foot traffic had to go out that gate as well.

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

IMG_9181.jpg

I mean…it’s not Like your the local councillor.

He’s an SNP councillor and it’s a Tory run council as things stand. If they and another party don’t back the proposal it won’t pass I don’t think? Honestly not sure how this whole process works but we really need clarity on it very soon. 

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

IMG_9181.jpg

I mean…it’s not Like your the local councillor.

He's a councilor but as Tories run it he isn't involved in the decision making. 

--------

also, who edits this pish? Doesn't show any of the chances for either side but they edit in all the yellow cards? 😕 

--------
also, who edits this pish? Doesn't show any of the chances for either side but they edit in all the yellow cards? [emoji53] 

Can't see it being a councillor decision as to what is granted. Will be the health and safety arm of the local authority with consultation with the police etc.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:
14 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
--------
also, who edits this pish? Doesn't show any of the chances for either side but they edit in all the yellow cards? emoji53.png 

Can't see it being a councillor decision as to what is granted. Will be the health and safety arm of the local authority with consultation with the police etc.

Yeah was thinking "planning" but aye probably involves the h&s as well as involving local health officials as well. 

The more I think about it the more I think 👎

Yeah was thinking "planning" but aye probably involves the h&s as well as involving local health officials as well. 
The more I think about it the more I think [emoji107]
My neighbour is sometimes the police match commander at home games and was chatting to him last night about it all, quite alot of planning goes into normal circumstances "big games", never mind still in covid times. It will likely rely on saints demonstrating some sort of plan, but he did say it helps there will be no away fans.

Regarding our attacking play, is there the chance that our attackers are spent doing such a good job defending and closing down?

We have been great at harrying teams, defending from the front since Davidson came in, but we do seem to lack that spark in the final third.  Quality players as well who have proven they can finish well, look at Spoony at Galatasary.

Seems overly critical with our results and performances the last while, but we're going to need goals from somewhere you feel.

Still early days obviously, might just be start of season rustiness.  

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Regarding our attacking play, is there the chance that our attackers are spent doing such a good job defending and closing down?

We have been great at harrying teams, defending from the front since Davidson came in, but we do seem to lack that spark in the final third.  Quality players as well who have proven they can finish well, look at Spoony at Galatasary.

Seems overly critical with our results and performances the last while, but we're going to need goals from somewhere you feel.

Still early days obviously, might just be start of season rustiness.  

Nothing wrong with aiming to still improve...

The effort was definitely there and some good stuff and some decent chances created but the lack of conviction shown was while not surprising, still disappointing. 

May especially needs someone to work with him to improve his mental side/confidence/conviction as he's quite capable of getting that chance out his feet and firing a shot away. The issue seems to be the complete lack of confidence which made him panic and take 3-4 touches that weren't required.

15 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Nothing wrong with aiming to still improve...

The effort was definitely there and some good stuff and some decent chances created but the lack of conviction shown was while not surprising, still disappointing. 

May especially needs someone to work with him to improve his mental side/confidence/conviction as he's quite capable of getting that chance out his feet and firing a shot away. The issue seems to be the complete lack of confidence which made him panic and take 3-4 touches that weren't required.

That's the thing. 

Over the last few years I don't think there's been many, if any, games where we've felt short changed by a lack of effort or desire by whatever XI have taken the field.  Seen plenty of criticisms fired at teams like Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee United et al from their own fans that the players have phoned it in in some games. 

Sometimes with us it is just poor decisions or silly individual errors that cost us in games. Cut that out and we could be flying. 

There was only one gate open at the top - no exit to slip road - and I don’t think police were directing traffic. Didn’t help that all foot traffic had to go out that gate as well.

Sadly I left with five minutes to go because getting out of the car park has been more difficult for some time.
Why do the club not care enough of us supporters to tell us what the exit plans are to be each match day.
It’s not rocket science.
Why was the slip road not open today?
Will it be open on Thursday?
We need to know.
And they charge each car £5.00

1 minute ago, akuram said:

Sadly I left with five minutes to go because getting out of the car park has been more difficult for some time.
Why do the club not care enough of us supporters to tell us what the exit plans are to be each match day.
It’s not rocket science.
We need to know.

Sounded like a last min thing that the gate wasn't opening. Tannoy man announced last min that it wasn't open. 

I don't drive but why don't they have 2 gates for traffic at the top plus the two bottom exits open and force bottom of the car car towards the bottom gates and mid and top sections towards top exists from both sides?

May feels like your prototype confidence sapped striker.

Scored so few lately, and is aware of that, so now jumps between holding on to the ball too long as hes trying to only shoot when its perfect and 100% he'll score, and just wildly lashing his foot at the ball in a blind panic. If we're lucky he'll get some goals in quick succession somehow and that'll be him sorted, if not then hes a pretty good workhorse option. 

I don't think we renew the deals of May, Kane and MOH in the Summer, while also keeping Hendry, in an ideal world. One or two maybe, but it feels like we just sort of held onto the dice incase we lost this Summer, rather than rolling it to try and sort our attacking woes. Hopefully Vertainen works out.

20 minutes ago, akuram said:

It’s not rocket science.
We need to know.

Someone noticed that there was loads of broken glass on the slip way 3 minutes before end of match hence reason not used and tannoy announcement.

Would imagine it will be open on Thursday but would think both exits onto Crieff Road will be dependent on crowd number and police attendance for traffic control.

Looking forward to the seethe when the capacity for Thursday is announced.

I've heard and saw rants about car parks, blue donuts, weeds at the entrance of the ground, posters out of date...

I get some things have not been perfect, but Christ, just enjoy being back and watching football.

11 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Looking forward to the seethe when the capacity for Thursday is announced.

I've heard and saw rants about car parks, blue donuts, weeds at the entrance of the ground, posters out of date...

I get some things have not been perfect, but Christ, just enjoy being back and watching football.

The "blood will be on your hands" posts from those who claim that allowing fans back is going to "kill" thousands are worse than any of those ranters surely? 

You could forgive some folk getting annoyed about being stuck in the car parks but weeds? Surely not? 😕🤣

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I think it's fair enough if folk are disappointed with the way McDiarmid and environs look at the moment. Maybe not worth ranting about but don't think it's wrong to feel the place could look a bit neater. Hopefully any European windfall can address some of that.

Part of the car park issue is that the stewards obviously aren't allowed to direct traffic onto the main road and Police Scotland routinely tell the club they don't have the staff numbers to provide traffic officers. So even if the club put a really effective exit plan together, it would all fall apart if the police couldn't be bothered turning up.