Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’m not a season ticket holder, I live in Stenhousemuir, and work on a Saturday so it’s never been an available option for me, and I understand the feelings of season ticket holders believing they should be prioritised, and that’s 100% correct, but there are some of us who would like to come out to special occasions. I’ve arsed up European games in the past (lost tickets in the town centre once, then the olympics carnage in Glasgow ruined my ability to make the game in 2012) and I don’t wanna miss out. Bad enough we’ve all missed the semis and finals but this late arrangement of tickets means it’s unlikely us part time fans will get to go. We are allowed to be part time fans though. Life gets in the way

Edited by TheRealNumber5

If they have their colours on they shouldn't be let in, it's that simple. Will it happen? I doubt it. Then when Saints get the inevitable fine they'll no doubt plead innocence when it could've all been nipped in the bud before the turnstiles. 
It's awright Tam. Jamamavegan will probably be at Pittodrie anyway.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I suppose you could do it Season ticket holders (2 each) > those on database > pick up tickets at McDiarmid. 

That would minimise away support, but hard to do in 72 hours.

Reckon it’ll just be e-tickets, surely quicker and easier for the club to do

36 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

I’m not a season ticket holder, I live in Stenhousemuir, and work on a Saturday so it’s never been an available option for me, and I understand the feelings of season ticket holders believing they should be prioritised, and that’s 100% correct, but there are some of us who would like to come out to special occasions. I’ve arsed up European games in the past (lost tickets in the town centre once, then the olympics carnage in Glasgow ruined my ability to make the game in 2012) and I don’t wanna miss out. Bad enough we’ve all missed the semis and finals but this late arrangement of tickets means it’s unlikely us part time fans will get to go. We are allowed to be part time fans though. Life gets in the way

Totally agree mate! I live in Inverness but regularly flew back from France in the past to go to big games, was a season ticket for years before life prevented it.

If we aren't allowed to buy tickets, I'll be majorly pissed off.

If the club asked the council last week to get the full capacity approved, then you would assume they would have been working behind the scenes to get a system set up in place to sell the tickets as soon as it got the OK? It's all online and season ticket holders get entry anyway, so surely easy to just open the ticket system up as per any normal game.

I don't want to knock the club, but lately the organisation has been a bit poor/slow. 

On the Galatasaray fans, if they live in the UK and want to go to a game, then so long as they cause no problem then howvand why should they not be allowed to buy a ticket? Obviously away fans from Turkey not allowed, which is right, but how can UEFA tell who in Scotland/UK is a home fan or not. If there is troubles then obviously not ok, bit so long as Saints fans aren't deprived of tickets as a result, I see no problem with a wee pocket of away fans someplace.

Season tickets get their season ticket seats.

Everyone else has to meet in the car park at 5 with a stick. Last 7000 standing get in.

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

If the club asked the council last week to get the full capacity approved, then you would assume they would have been working behind the scenes to get a system set up in place to sell the tickets as soon as it got the OK? It's all online and season ticket holders get entry anyway, so surely easy to just open the ticket system up as per any normal game.

I don't want to knock the club, but lately the organisation has been a bit poor/slow. 

If it was that easy, they’d be on sale by now.  It’s not. 

14 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

On the Galatasaray fans, if they live in the UK and want to go to a game, then so long as they cause no problem then howvand why should they not be allowed to buy a ticket? Obviously away fans from Turkey not allowed, which is right, but how can UEFA tell who in Scotland/UK is a home fan or not. If there is troubles then obviously not ok, bit so long as Saints fans aren't deprived of tickets as a result, I see no problem with a wee pocket of away fans someplace.

Regarding the system setup. It'll all depend on how they have the contract setup with the supplier of that service and what they've asked for it to be able to do. (It's apparently not going to be opened up like a normal game either btw - but we'll soon find out)

Uefa can tell us away fans are not allowed as the competition isn't a democracy and we have absolutely no say in any of the rules. If we don't do as we're told then the punishment arrives. We simply can't just decide which rules we want to follow and which ones we don't. Fined 14k for a flood & a single Palastinian flag previous.

It's also strict liability in Europe so if anyone in the home end misbehaves we'll be fined for it.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

If it was that easy, they’d be on sale by now.  It’s not. 

How? We have an electronic system which shows what season tickets are sold and what seats are available. Grey out the ounces that cannot be sold eg the ones behind the dugouts for subs and then just open up the rest for sale.

I'm not sure how more complicated it is than that? It's not as if they have to print tickets or anything. 

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

How? We have an electronic system which shows what season tickets are sold and what seats are available. Grey out the ounces that cannot be sold eg the ones behind the dugouts for subs and then just open up the rest for sale.

I'm not sure how more complicated it is than that? It's not as if they have to print tickets or anything. 

So a free-for-all then?  Glad you’re not working in the ticket office.

Season tickets get their season ticket seats.
Everyone else has to meet in the car park at 5 with a stick. Last 7000 standing get in.

Royal Rumble in the Tulloch Car Park.

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

So a free-for-all then?  Glad you’re not working in the ticket office.

How would it be a free for all? Season tickets have their seats set already. How will it end up anything different than what I said? It's too short notice for the club to do anything but that?

If they restrict it to fans on the database only, that will exclude a fair chunk of fans.  I've a season ticket, but have 5 family members who are wanting tickets and none are on the database despite being former season ticket holders.