Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm sorted being a season ticket holder, and folk i know are sorted.

But I hope the club can get a useable membership list/ database system sorted.  We've kind of played at it for a while but fucks sake is it that difficult?  Everyone who isn't a season ticket holder pays a fiver or whatever admin cost to be a member in the summer and after season ticket holders they get priority for all-ticket matches.  They get a barcode as well and a day after ST holders sale Its open to them.  You've got a list of all your own fans, their addresses etc so no chance of away fans or whoever getting tickets for our end.

I think that's probably the system UEFA envisaged, that most clubs roughly operate, when they emphasised how strict the control of no away fan sale has to be.  

I don't think anyone will miss out, but someone from out of town who maybe isn't in touch with any season ticket holders having to phone up the ticket office or get a stranger online to help them out just sounds more hassle than it needs to be.

I don’t expect anyone here to know me or trust me so I’d have a hard job asking anyone to sort me a ticket. It’s a great idea and would be wonderful if the world was full of the right people. But I wouldn’t ask anyone to do that for me 

57 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I should ask the ticket office this, but their time is precious at the moment and FAQ leaves me none the wiser. What does concessions mean - does it include students?

Concession is under 20 and over 65, doesn’t include student 

46 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm sorted being a season ticket holder, and folk i know are sorted.

But I hope the club can get a useable membership list/ database system sorted.  We've kind of played at it for a while but fucks sake is it that difficult?  Everyone who isn't a season ticket holder pays a fiver or whatever admin cost to be a member in the summer and after season ticket holders they get priority for all-ticket matches.  They get a barcode as well and a day after ST holders sale Its open to them.  You've got a list of all your own fans, their addresses etc so no chance of away fans or whoever getting tickets for our end.

I think that's probably the system UEFA envisaged, that most clubs roughly operate, when they emphasised how strict the control of no away fan sale has to be.  

I don't think anyone will miss out, but someone from out of town who maybe isn't in touch with any season ticket holders having to phone up the ticket office or get a stranger online to help them out just sounds more hassle than it needs to be.

Exactly this. Club should have had this set up ages ago. Clearly, we dont have too many games that sell out, but there has been a few times we have had semis that have and home games vs Old firm when we have had to stop selling when away tickets all sold.

As you say, sell it as a membership of sorts, will all costs going to youth set up or something.

I think while the ST holders buying tickets online only is tricky for some, I'd guess 3/4 of fans will know someone who can get them one.

Ticket office will be busy, but clearly the bulk of sales will be on line. Would be interesting to see how they intend on routing out Galatasary fans though. Maybe a few random saints questions if they suspect? 

2 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I'm a renewing ST holder, but got my wife one this season. I was sure that only renewing ST holders got the first European game free. Does the Mrs get in on her ST now?@perthsaint1977, any idea?

Yes all season ticket holders get in free. (The blurb with the season tickets intimated that only renewals got the game free, but presumably it was extended to all ST holders on grounds of practicality.)

Edited by Mr Heliums

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Mon @RandomGuy. Sort a man out!

Sure it's been mentioned, but I think I can only use my number once through the online ticketing stuff? And I've already leant my number out to be used by someone while I'm at work.

Really hoping this is going to be a sell out. Literally every single person I know who has ever been to a game is on the hunt for tickets, more than any game I can remember bar the 2014 cup final. I’m about to buy 16 tickets this morning if all works properly!

7 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Really hoping this is going to be a sell out. Literally every single person I know who has ever been to a game is on the hunt for tickets, more than any game I can remember bar the 2014 cup final. I’m about to buy 16 tickets this morning if all works properly!

Think it'll be close. Just depends how well/easy the process is for phoning in to get tickets if you can't use a season ticket number.

East will 100% be sold out, seen talk that the whole bottom tier is out of action in the Main though? If so the Main will sell out. Then you're just looking at behind both goals which aren't huge area.

At worst I think we'll see the East, Ormond, and Main all virtually sold out with just odd seats maybe left, then it's just the North Stand which might have larger gaps. 

Whats the biggest crowd we've had for a European game lately anyway?

Sure we had around 8000 fans against Luzern, with them bringing 500 or so, and 7000 against Spartak Trnava. Considering the size of Galatasaray v them two, you'd he hugely disappointed if we were below 8000.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats the biggest crowd we've had for a European game lately anyway?

Sure we had around 8000 fans against Luzern, with them bringing 500 or so, and 7000 against Spartak Trnava. Considering the size of Galatasaray v them two, you'd he hugely disappointed if we were below 8000.

With the areas cordoned off it'll be around 9000 anyway.