Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure it's been mentioned, but I think I can only use my number once through the online ticketing stuff? And I've already leant my number out to be used by someone while I'm at work.

Login yourself and get folk to send you money and you can do many. Although not so easy if you're working. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats the biggest crowd we've had for a European game lately anyway?

Sure we had around 8000 fans against Luzern, with them bringing 500 or so, and 7000 against Spartak Trnava. Considering the size of Galatasaray v them two, you'd he hugely disappointed if we were below 8000.

Looking back, if the various internet sources are accurate, our biggest European crowds at McDiarmid are all similar; 8594 v Minsk, 8486 v Lucerne, 8392 v VPS Vaasa.

Before my time, but I imagine in our first European season in the 1970's it would be up at 15,000 - 20,000?

So, depending on capacity restriction, we could get close to the highest for a European game at McDiarmid Park.

59 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I still fucking hate Minsk to this day.

They showed us how to get away with the darker side of European football, Tommy fucked it in the first game against Trakai, Trnava were about the same level as us and it could've went either way, Alashkert is one we really should have done better in. Let's hope Thursday is more of Luzern and Rosenborg than any of those other efforts.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

They showed us how to get away with the darker side of European football, Tommy fucked it in the first game against Trakai, Trnava were about the same level as us and it could've went either way, Alashkert is one we really should have done better in. Let's hope Thursday is more of Luzern and Rosenborg than any of those other efforts.

More than anything else, we went into some of those games woefully unprepared in terms of the makeup of our squad. The team that finished the match at home to Alashkert was ridiculous in terms of personnel and where they were playing. Minsk got away with murder in that home leg and only really mustered one decent attack the whole match, from which they scored. Trakai was just a shocker all round. Trnava were probably the best team of the lot but that ended up actually being a relatively close tie in the end.

Alashkert we were unlucky with injuries.
Trnava the main difference was their number 10, very good player.
Trakai, aye Tommy fucked it with team selection. Gilchrist and Paton ffs.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

More than anything else, we went into some of those games woefully unprepared in terms of the makeup of our squad. 

Aye, always have done. Even with us having most of last season's squad available we are still short attacking wise this season. If we had had Eetu and Glen available then I think we'd probably be ahead in this tie with Galatasaray. 

I wouldn't normally go down that line and suggest that refereeing could make that big an impact - but in those cases it's definitely true. Minsk should have been down to ten men far earlier on, or at least had most of their back line booked within the first half hour. That they didn't allowed them to just continue bursting everyone right the way to the very end with impunity. Against Alashkert we had pretty much the worst decision I've seen in the flesh when Steven Anderson was booked for having his cheekbone fractured by a flying elbow. If the guy is sent off at that stage who knows what happens.

Assume everyone is just sititng refreshing Twitter/the official site until the ticket link comes up? Hope this all runs smoothly.

Aye, been asked to grab 6 so let’s see how this goes