Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I do wonder if a change in shape is coming or maybe some departures. For our midfield two we would have Butterfield, Bryson, Craig, Muzz, MacPherson, Crawford and probably someone else that I'm forgetting.

I can't remember if Cammy Ballantyne played any league minutes with us so it's now a case of Montrose or nothing for the rest of the season, but would really like to see him get a Championship loan and a contract extension ahead of next year.

More than happy if MacPherson goes back to St Mirren, even better if Crawford's extension somehow fails

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

@RandomGuy. This you mate?

Maybe.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Aye, went to edit, deleted instead. It was along the lines of you can post his stats now that the press have said their bit.

Fair dues, was just assuming you were complimenting my new fence tbh.

9 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I do wonder if a change in shape is coming or maybe some departures. For our midfield two we would have Butterfield, Bryson, Craig, Muzz, MacPherson, Crawford and probably someone else that I'm forgetting.

I can't remember if Cammy Ballantyne played any league minutes with us so it's now a case of Montrose or nothing for the rest of the season, but would really like to see him get a Championship loan and a contract extension ahead of next year.

More than happy if MacPherson goes back to St Mirren, even better if Crawford's extension somehow fails

MacPherson and Crawford will be signing permanently if the manager gets his way, I reckon. Although MacPherson has started to find himself benched so hopefully that signals something.

No idea what you do with Ballantyne. This Summer was his chance really and it passed him by without many minutes, although the European games won't have helped him I guess. I don't know if there's room for him and Gilmour to break through at the same time.

I don’t really know what type of centre mid Ballantyne is - I thought he was initially seen as a sort of second Wotherspoon rather than someone you’d play in a two? I.e he’d be competing with DW and Crawford rather than Gilmour/Butter boy/ McPish etc.

League cup group stages next year probs the moment for either of Gilmour or Ballantyne to break through.

22 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

League cup group stages next year probs the moment for either of Gilmour or Ballantyne to break through.

Issue with this is that Ballantyne’s contract is due to expire at the end of the season. Seems 50/50 to me if he’ll get a new one 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe.

Fair dues, was just assuming you were complimenting my new fence tbh.

MacPherson and Crawford will be signing permanently if the manager gets his way, I reckon. Although MacPherson has started to find himself benched so hopefully that signals something.

No idea what you do with Ballantyne. This Summer was his chance really and it passed him by without many minutes, although the European games won't have helped him I guess. I don't know if there's room for him and Gilmour to break through at the same time.

McPherson out for 4/5 weeks with injury 

We'll be adrift by the winter break, January will probably come too late.

3 shots on target inside the area in our last 5 games according to Opta, and all of them headers.

Something has to give eventually.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ali Crawford is not a player you want in a relegation battle.

Luckily his loan expires in January and...

*checks notes*

... and we're giving him a permanent deal to keep him around for longer.

Reckon he'll do well in the Championship?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Here's a controversial opinion. 

I was more confident of certain relegation going to that game than coming away from it, even though we lost. Why? Because there actually did seem to be a bit of fight in the team and there's no way now that Callum can't make more significant changes and get rid of the underperformers. There were actually some good shifts today. Booth, Bryson, Craig, Gordon, McCart and even E2 when he came on gave me some hope. Brown was fine. 

However, Crawford is shite and Kane is back to being the bottom half of the Championship player he's been most of his career. Not sure we'll really get the 'four or five' that the manager wants but if we can upgrade those two and Middleton I'm hopeful we can scrape 10th. 

We will be bottom going into January and we'll be in the bottom half of the split but think we might just scrape another prem season.