Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

That’s just their ‘MyGers’ allocation, they keep some of their allocation for supporters clubs and complimentary tickets

Ah, didn’t read it properly!

Edited by PSJ.84

No sure if anyone subscribes to Graham Spiers podcasts but he has another on the Saints situation up just now, with contributions from Eric Nicolson, Aidan Smith and @Jamie_Beatson.

Latter two able to speak freely and passionately about both the manager and the off-field stuff and an interesting insight from EN, who obviously has to guard his words a bit more.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/st-johnstone-77329132

Waiting on someone posting 300 voice notes on the banter page. 

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

No sure if anyone subscribes to Graham Spiers podcasts but he has another on the Saints situation up just now, with contributions from Eric Nicolson, Aidan Smith and @Jamie_Beatson.

Latter two able to speak freely and passionately about both the manager and the off-field stuff and an interesting insight from EN, who obviously has to guard his words a bit more.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/st-johnstone-77329132

21 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is the £30 or giving away the extra stand the biggest issue here?

I assumed the latter?

Both combined with the clubs attempt at justifying it by just essentially blaming the fans for the decision as well as the horrendous patronising tone and lies to justify it. They've basically said to their own fans, we don't care if you attend. They're being taught a lesson by the fans. They've doubled down and made a massive PR disaster.

The response of "we have to pay £5 vat for every ticket" being right up there with a fucking pathetic excuse. 

Blaming VAR - which they voted for. 

Also trying to claim it's costing them £18,000 to cover the cost of 600 children tickets. Why lie? 600x20 is not £18,000! 

Screenshot_2023-01-16-22-02-19-54_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

44 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is the £30 or giving away the extra stand the biggest issue here?

I assumed the latter?

For me they're both big issues but the biggest issue is £20 for concessions. Really no need.

24 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s YouTube Vloggers attacking the board now 😂

What Saints needed was a few people to warn them about the backlash that this would cause...?

Oh.. wait, many fans did?!

They thought this was an internet forum only issue. I imagine the Saints fans on here cover a wide spectrum of ages in terms of our fan base so hear what fans of their demographic think about the decision so actually probably provided a good measuring stick for the wider supports views. The Facebook response to it confirmed that. 

I was speaking to someone again earlier who played with Ian etc for a number of years. Yet again the comment was "I'm not sure how he got that job?" They don't have anything horrible to say about him, not a bad guy etc but he's not the first to think he is somewhat under qualified and maybe even out his depth? He could well prove us wrong though! Fair enough if he does!

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

I aseume the <300 fans attending, must include those fans that the club sought the views from, so would be interesting to see who that was, assuming they ever existed 🤥

The banter page is showing the bootlickers are well in the minority.