Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What's his Twitter name?

I think hes on about Wotherspoon. 

Think we need a proper scorched earth policy now.

Release everyone but Kane, punt Flaherty/Guidi, punt those under contract but no use into the sea.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think hes on about Wotherspoon. 

Think we need a proper scorched earth policy now.

Release everyone but Kane, punt Flaherty/Guidi, punt those under contract but no use into the sea.

I see. I had noticed that actually. There are very few players I'd now be sorry to see go.

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

Think the footballing decision to let Spoony go makes sense, but on an emotional level it should have been dealt with so so much better.

I'm of this mindset too. Footballing wise, can kind of see the logic if it was any other player, although i think he still has plenty to offer Saints. But on an emotional level, it doesn't feel quite right to be buried amongst other obvious releases.

To have allowed him (and MOH) and opportunity on Sunday to say a proper goodbye would only have been right. Appreciate Muzz is retiring completely, but something significant could have been afforded to both.

I personally think Spoony offers something more to saints than just on the pitch. Sounds cheesy, but he is a bit of sn extension of sll of us out there. We'd all love to have had thst opportunity and he has achieved like no other ever will. I hope in time, his testimonial can be a proper celebration, but becomes difficult when he will likely be playing for someone else.

That the likes of Crawford and Carey will (in theory) still be around and Spoony isn't will stick in the throats of fans.

I hope he gets a good club (hopefully in Prem) and has another few years of success.

That said, has Dundee United written all over it as a destination. 

I understand why the decision has been taken, that it had to be taken is scandalous though and shows the complete shitshow Davidson has left us in. 

Guidi, in particular, can get fucked though. Has there been a decent bit of PR from the club since he joined? 

Edited by PSJ.84

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I understand why the decision has been taken, that it had to be taken is scandalous though and shows the complete shitshow Davidson has left us in. 

Guidi, in particular, can get fucked though. Has there been a decent bit of PR from the club since he joined? 

Last seasons away kit, though a lot of it was due to fans and the podcast? Nothing else springing to mind. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is Guidi picking the strips though? 

Was a rumour somewhere that this season's won't be available for the players until end of July either...

more so meant the PR of promoting it tbh. 
To purchase won’t be until July end, I’d assume players will have the new kit to wear well in advance. 

on another note. spoonys departure means Macca will need to pull out someone special to replace him to get the heat of him immediately. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is Guidi picking the strips though? 

Was a rumour somewhere that this season's won't be available for the players until end of July either...

Feels like an annual rant, but why Saints never have the strips out before the school holidays is beyond me. Kids want it for wearing on holidays (and some weirdo adults) and so how that doesn't filter through at club astounds me. I could understand if it was a new supplier or something, but when Macron again no excuse.

Suspect it is someone at the club either being slow or forgetting. Kind of like the Hearts guy that forgot to order seats for a new stand! 

Things like this, along with the slow kiosks are some seriously low hanging fruit for an new owner wanting to increase commercial activities at the club.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

more so meant the PR of promoting it tbh. 
To purchase won’t be until July end, I’d assume players will have the new kit to wear well in advance. 

on another note. spoonys departure means Macca will need to pull out someone special to replace him to get the heat of him immediately. 

Might not get the chance if there's players already signed on pre contracts. 

No idea if there is but that COULD be a reason why Spoony isn't being offered anything 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Might not get the chance if there's players already signed on pre contracts. 

No idea if there is but that COULD be a reason why Spoony isn't being offered anything 🤷‍♂️

I doubt it. Going by the open night the uncertainty around relegation meant all contract chat was put on hold. 

squad.thumb.png.22ad8de817437bd900d0a95307808e92.png

Think thats all correct. Ignoring those who haven't played senior games for us. Light players are those who, presumably, have been offered deals.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

squad.thumb.png.22ad8de817437bd900d0a95307808e92.png

Think thats all correct. Ignoring those who haven't played senior games for us. Light players are those who, presumably, have been offered deals.

That's depressing. We won't be troubling the top 6 again for years. 

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

That's depressing. We won't be troubling the top 6 again for years. 

A good LB, RB, LCB, LW, lose one of the current LBs, Crawford and Bair, and it looks a lot better. But whats the chances of getting all that?

Still a bit excited to see how the CM area gets on, but also afraid MacLean panics and morphs into Davidson-lite and we end up playing McGowan, Hallberg and MacPherson every week.

Famous last words but I’ve more faith in MacLean making a deliberate move away from that midfield if things aren’t working, whereas injury would force Davidson’s hand and he’d stumble upon something better. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A good LB, RB, LCB, LW, lose one of the current LBs, Crawford and Bair, and it looks a lot better. But whats the chances of getting all that?

Still a bit excited to see how the CM area gets on, but also afraid MacLean panics and morphs into Davidson-lite and we end up playing McGowan, Hallberg and MacPherson every week.

Time will tell. But I've convinced myself that Davidson and the contemptible Flaherty have blown about 5 years of budget in the last two seasons.