Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 hours ago, Saint DBL said:

Lewis Mayo back at Killie, incase anyone had hopes on him joining.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyre having the window we needed to have.

12 hours ago, Saint DBL said:

Yeah there defence especially is looking really good.

Hiya pals 🤗

Best thing the club can do is just get the announcement made. Macleans comments on the loan market suggest that there’s something in the rumour about the Ipswich boy. 

Bit worried it might be loans only now. Really need to try and do as much permanent business as we can in this window to attempt to undo 2 years of Davidson.

January is notoriously hard and you are already looking ahead to another half-dozen plus likely departures next summer.

If you are trying to replace them PLUS three or four loan players then that's a big recruitment job and we are still on that downward spiral.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Bit worried it might be loans only now. Really need to try and do as much permanent business as we can in this window to attempt to undo 2 years of Davidson.

January is notoriously hard and you are already looking ahead to another half-dozen plus likely departures next summer.

If you are trying to replace them PLUS three or four loan players then that's a big recruitment job and we are still on that downward spiral.

Yeah his comments make that look like the case. 

The only glimmer of hope with them is he mentions wanting ones that you can have further, absolute no guarantee in that though.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Console yourself with the views of a couple of melodramatic fannies, in pre season, on the internet. We all know it'll mean f**k all when the real football starts. Killie are and always have been shite.

True, but let me have my moment of pre season delusion x 

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints ticket prices for the League cup games are surprisingly good. 

£12 for an East Stand adult!

Are all clubs not meant to offer the same prices for all games? Think it is £18 for Alloa. Assume we will be taking a similar sized crowd there that went to Stenny? 

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Are all clubs not meant to offer the same prices for all games? Think it is £18 for Alloa. Assume we will be taking a similar sized crowd there that went to Stenny? 

Not sure really. 

Maybe just needs to mutually agreed between both clubs. 

Although last year I'm sure everyone was £15? Maybe a coincidence everyone agreed the same price 🤷‍♂️

I'd imagine so, 800ish I imagine at Alloa. Some will dodge after last Saturday's let down. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not sure really. 

Maybe just needs to mutually agreed between both clubs. 

Although last year I'm sure everyone was £15? Maybe a coincidence everyone agreed the same price 🤷‍♂️

I'd imagine so, 800ish I imagine at Alloa. Some will dodge after last Saturday's let down. 

So far out of 10 of us that were at Steny no one has committed  to going tomorrow??

17 minutes ago, Center half said:

So far out of 10 of us that were at Steny no one has committed  to going tomorrow??

Similar boat here. Group of 5 is down to just me at the minute, although it’s more the price that’s put them off though - £15 was fine but £18 isn’t. Each to their own I guess. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Similar boat here. Group of 5 is down to just me at the minute, although it’s more the price that’s put them off though - £15 was fine but £18 isn’t. Each to their own I guess. 

£18 for PPV is also a bit steep.

I'd hope it's money or being busy etc. 

Surely folk aren't in the huff already because of one poor performance and result.

There's no guarantee it'll improve of course but surely not worth getting overly worked up about quite yet. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

54 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Couple of us who didn’t make the Stenny game going through. Stopping in Stirling for a few before getting through to Alloa. 

Think the cost is probably the more annoying thing. I’m surprised Alloa have gone for £18.00 to attend.