Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Next seasons squad shaping up well already. Levein saying Max and C. Smith were unhappy they didnt start v Dundee so half arsed it when they came on (at 1-0 up in a game we then lost 2-1). 

Connor Smith was apparently still looking half arsed in a friendly last week.

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Does anyone have the under contract list for next season?

As far as I can remember it's...

GK - Mitov, Sinclair

DF - Keltjens, Olufunwa

MF - Sprangler, Kucheriavyi, Matt Smith, Connor Smith

ST - Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May

With question marks over Franczaks contract. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Next seasons squad shaping up well already. Levein saying Max and C. Smith were unhappy they didnt start v Dundee so half arsed it when they came on (at 1-0 up in a game we then lost 2-1). 

Connor Smith was apparently still looking half arsed in a friendly last week.

Quite honestly they can both get to f**k as far as I’m concerned. Neither has done enough to suggest they should be at this level at all, let alone starting.

If they’ve done this once, they’ll do it again and again. Punt the pair of them

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I can remember it's...

GK - Mitov, Sinclair

DF - Keltjens, Olufunwa

MF - Sprangler, Kucheriavyi, Matt Smith, Connor Smith

ST - Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May

McClelland and Alex Ferguson as well.

Again… I’d be wary of the differences between what happens behind closed doors, and what Levein says in the press. He’s an experienced manager who knows how to deal with press and journalists.

There’s a reason he’ll say something, and it ain’t for fans to latch on and start calling said players out.

15 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

There’s a reason he’ll say something, and it ain’t for fans to latch on and start calling said players out.

And yet that's exactly what will happen.

It's fine saying these things to the players behind closed doors and expecting a reaction from them. It's totally different saying it in public. As soon as anyone deems their performance lacking in any way they will call them out on it whether they deserve it or not. Good or bad management? Time will tell.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

This circling the drain and building a new squad every season definitely doesn’t become exhausting. 

It's why I don't fear relegation as I can't see any way we stop swimming against the tide as a Premiership club. I've felt that way for three seasons now and, as you say, I'm just exhausted.

There are painful moments after every relegation but we've always returned and it's when we do that the foundations laid in the second tier bring us success.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

And yet that's exactly what will happen.

It's fine saying these things to the players behind closed doors and expecting a reaction from them. It's totally different saying it in public. As soon as anyone deems their performance lacking in any way they will call them out on it whether they deserve it or not. Good or bad management? Time will tell.

For me, it's good management. He knows both players probably most of any in the squad, so will know what kind of boot they need.

Neither for me, especially Max, can gave any arguments about not starting.

Some others need calling out to be fair, but slightly different situations as these two are still (for now) here for next season, whereas you call out others who will soon be out of contract, they might down tools and we need all of them for the run it.

Players need to step up and realise the club is in a massive risk of going down and do they (especially the Scottish ones,) want to be the ones to break the long streak we have been on in top flight?

For what it's worth, I don't think we go down even if we finish 11th (I don't think we'll finish 11th) as I think Utd will win the championship and we'd take Raith in the same way we beat ICT reasonably comfortably.  😎

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

For me, it's good management. He knows both players probably most of any in the squad, so will know what kind of boot they need.

Neither for me, especially Max, can gave any arguments about not starting.

Some others need calling out to be fair, but slightly different situations as these two are still (for now) here for next season, whereas you call out others who will soon be out of contract, they might down tools and we need all of them for the run it.

Players need to step up and realise the club is in a massive risk of going down and do they (especially the Scottish ones,) want to be the ones to break the long streak we have been on in top flight?

For what it's worth, I don't think we go down even if we finish 11th (I don't think we'll finish 11th) as I think Utd will win the championship and we'd take Raith in the same way we beat ICT reasonably comfortably.  😎

It's fine having these conversations behind closed doors, I'm all for calling them workshy grifters to their face. Naming them in the press? What good does that do? It just leaves them open to abuse and folk will have a far shorter fuse with them.

What was wrong with telling them straight at training, then in the press saying "a few players fell well short of what was expected from them and they've been warned it better not happen again" ?

Edited by tree house tam

Doesn't say much for Levein that he's having to call out Connor Smith only weeks after signing him on a multi-year deal.

Literally no idea what his position is either. What does he do?

44 minutes ago, Radford said:

Doesn't say much for Levein that he's having to call out Connor Smith only weeks after signing him on a multi-year deal.

Literally no idea what his position is either. What does he do?

Evidently, he’s very good at fucking moaning. 

3 hours ago, Radford said:

It's why I don't fear relegation as I can't see any way we stop swimming against the tide as a Premiership club. I've felt that way for three seasons now and, as you say, I'm just exhausted.

There are painful moments after every relegation but we've always returned and it's when we do that the foundations laid in the second tier bring us success.

A new owner might be a difference and help with a bit of a top league reset.