Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Club not proactive = fans critical. Club proactive = fans critical.
Standard SJFC fans.

Really don't understand this. There's no criticism of the club being made  in the last few posts – only an acknowledgement that there's little value in paper talk, given our history. But in any case I don't think there's any suggestion of the club being 'proactive' with Williams – the article states that the club 'haven’t sat down [with him] and talked about … anything'

Williams may be above our budget, or may see us as a shop window. We don't know. But the point being made is that, particularly in Tommy's case, we'd rather hear about done deals than nebulous ambitions of jewel signings. Because when these publicly collapse – and in the last six months approaches for O'Halloran, Swanson, McKenzie and McGowan have all been spurned – the only result is that fans either question the ambition of the club or query the internal politics of it.  In short, nothing good has come out of it.

Edited by Mr Heliums

42 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Really don't understand this. There's no criticism of the club being made  in the last few posts – only an acknowledgement that there's little value in paper talk, given our history. But in any case I don't think there's any suggestion of the club being 'proactive' with Williams – the article states that the club 'haven’t sat down [with him] and talked about … anything'

Williams may be above our budget, or may see us as a shop window. We don't know. But the point being made is that, particularly in Tommy's case, we'd rather hear about done deals than nebulous ambitions of jewel signings. Because when these publicly collapse – and in the last six months approaches for O'Halloran, Swanson, McKenzie and McGowan have all been spurned – the only result is that fans either question the ambition of the club or query the internal politics of it.  In short, nothing good has come out of it.

Add in Scott Wright and that youngster from Derby as well.

I agree with this. I don't see anyone criticising the club. I'd rather Tommy went back to his policy of not talking about other clubs' players though. 

1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I think that "Keen to sign for us" is going a bit far..I would suggest that he is enjoying his time here and had not ruled out signing for us as one of his options  

In my defence, the back page of the courier reads ' on loan Williams keen to become Saint George'. The accompanying article (which is inside the paper and not on the back page) doesn't read quite the same though.

So it was a hamstring injury that forced Kane off on Saturday. He's been sent for a scan today with the club awaiting the results.

Sods law dictates we'll not see him again this season as seems to par for the course for us regarding injuries just now.

Edited by Kyle

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Add in Scott Wright and that youngster from Derby as well.

I agree with this. I don't see anyone criticising the club. I'd rather Tommy went back to his policy of not talking about other clubs' players though. 

In my defence, the back page of the courier reads ' on loan Williams keen to become Saint George'. The accompanying article (which is inside the paper and not on the back page) doesn't read quite the same though.

I wasn't having a pop at you more the way that it portrays him as desperate to stay when we are just one of a number of options that he will have

I read the article and he seems to seriously like staying in Dunblane. He even makes reference to it being somewhere he could see his kid being and growing up potentially. For a new family, that’s a huge thing, the balance of lifestyle and environment for a young family in rural Scotland is a million miles away from the city of London. Now I don’t for a minute expect to sign him, he’s probably too good for us, but it sounds positive and encouraging that he’s open to staying.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Anyway, any news on McMillan? If Kane's out then I'd rather play a crocked Irishman than the Carthorse. 

Was he not mentioned a week or so back as being unlikely to play again this season? 

Our luck with injuries has been fucking vile this season, genuinely bad enough to make you physically sick. 

Fwiw Im unconvinced Williams will join. Answering a question about whether you'd stay if you could is a different world to negotiating a contract with Steve Brown. He'd likely walk into most English League One sides. 

32 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Why is your support so poor?

Do you support St Mirren, Falkirk or Dunfermline? 

Assume its one of the "diddy trio" who average 50 more fans in a lower division and are salty as f**k that they'll never get close to the decade we've just had. Apologies if I'm wrong. 

Our luck with injuries has been fucking vile this season, genuinely bad enough to make you physically sick. 

Just want to report that news of Saints injury list has not made me physically sick.
It literally hasn't.
It's fucking outrageous tbh.
Utterly bizarre.
FWIW.
Fair dues.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:46, Piracy said:

Why is your support so poor?

Unsure what you're getting at there.

I'm fucking great for example.

Are you our new pet?