Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s shite. Tartan and design on the back are good ideas to be different. Top has been ruined with chippy blue shoulders and the sealed on badge. Pish. Wait for a quality football strip goes on

Lets face it. You're one of those Saints fand that are never going to be happy with the strip.

Theres something not right about grown men getting so upset about such trivial things.

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with constant moaning from some Saints fans. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Lets face it. You're one of those Saints fand that are never going to be happy with the strip.
Theres something not right about grown men getting so upset about such trivial things.
I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with constant moaning from some Saints fans. 

Wrong. I’ll be happy with the strip when Saints release a great strip that I won’t be ashamed to wear in public.

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's a football discussion site for people with different views. I'm beginning to think a Hollyoaks forum would be more your style.

12 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

It's a football discussion site for people with different views. I'm beginning to think a Hollyoaks forum would be more your style.

As its a football discussion site for people with different views... Why have you then taken such issue with me disagreeing with someone elses views?

Alsp simply stated all summer generally all its been is moan after moan. 

Lets be honest here. You only know what Hollyoaks is because you watch it for the woman. ;)

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Are you singing "i'm blue, I'll be til I die" there? 

Nice twist on a classic lyric.

Yeah, I asked Saints if I could amend it slightly. It's far too challenging to record a serious cover version of a song which contains the words 'da ba dee, da ba die'.

Not a big fan of the new kit. As others have mentioned, the light blue shoulders ruin anything which could have potentially been deemed positive. I might buy it though as it's a bit mental.

Took me months of being banned from the shitehole that is WAP to remember this place existed, and its better than WAP already.

Did I mention WAP is a honking pile of shit? Bit like the kit eh?

I think the kit has 4 main design features. I would be an acceptable kit if it had any one of them, but having all 4 is a mental jumbled mess. Still prefer it to the red wine vomit away kit.

10 hours ago, Center half said:

FFS it a strip a football strip. its who is wearing the strip that matters, half the c***s on here sound like my wife and daughter discussing  wedding dresses for FFS. 

Well said that man.  I wonder how many people who complained about the 13/14 strip were sitting in Celtic Park at 5pm on 17 May 2014 thinking "I really didn't enjoy that.  The strip ruined it for me."

None of the four trialists have been offered contracts as the club isn't "in the position to make any more signings". 

TW then says there will be further signings later on. 

Way I'm reading it makes it seem a bit bizarre, unless we're having to try and shed some players before signing them, or he's hopeful for cheap as f**k loanees appearing. 

Quotes all from unoffic twitter before anyone moans. 

Further quotes are that our 23 man squad contains 15 players under 25 aswell. 

"Ageing squad", "only signs ancient journeymen", "squad has no future" etc. etc. 

I can't think of too many uncertainties in terms of money coming in, other than maybe Celtic making the Champions League and the resultant solidarity payment? Clearly it isn't going to be a cashflow issue.

You can probably overthink it all but the fact he's clearly stated there will be signings suggests he maybe just didn't fancy the guys on trial, or he's wanting to hold off to hear about other targets. As I say you can overthink it though.

Thought Driver would have been a decent one to get.