Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 year deal for a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in senior football is a bit of a risk. Happy to give him a chance though - he’s bound to be at least as good as Comrie. 

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Ciaran Brian and Jamie MacKenzie are the two trialists who we have in, both recently released. Anyone know anything about them?

The former is a centre back who ended up playing at full back a lot as we were short there. Would be very surprised if he was good enough for Arbroath. MacKenzie was highly thought of and was involved with higher age groups during his development but missed most of his first year as a full-timer IIRC because of injury. Seemed to be doing well enough in the reserves last season but without that pathway now, these guys really need to be seen as ready for the first team. Again though, I can't see him being ready for the Championship in the short-term. 

DC might see something in them though. 

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Fair enough. Are Dundee sticking with Hamilton this season?

It's looking likely. Our back up is young Ferrie who won both PotY and YPotY at Stirling last season. Hopefully he shows enough to get FlapaJack bulleted. 

30 minutes ago, Dele said:

Elliot Parish is absolutely shite, as is that away top. 

Really nice home top though. 

I'd be surprised if hes worse than Cammy Bell, so either way it's an upgrade. We cant afford, literally, to carry two first team keeper wages if we're after that special someone, so the back up was always going to be a bit below us.

D9hHgBDXYAEtmSo.thumb.jpeg.d5cd19db58a996926e97aedb6ef0fb79.jpeg

My thoughts on the new kits:

Home kit: probably the nicest one we’ve had in years made by a reputable company. Would have looked better if it was solid blue instead of with faded stripes. I am pleased to see the old Macron logo on the kit instead of their new one which is rather shit.

Away kit: glad it’s yellow, it’s a bit bland but that’s not helped by Murray Davidson’s shocking posture.

Future analysis to be made: is the classic badge, which looks great, a proper embroidered effort or another BLK style iron on job? It’s hard to tell from the photos but if it’s the latter, this is excusable and this seasons efforts will go down as an instant failure.

Points of interest: Very curious as to why we have got a template kit, unlike Dundee who got a bespoke kit which is also made by Macron. It has to be said that Dundee’s kit is better in features and design than ours. This can surely only come down to the club who have decided to go for the cheap option, which is embarrassing and disappointing. For all the £££ we have in the bank, St. Johnstone are very unfashionable and cheap. That said, if you had offered me Macron to make our kits over Joma/BLK/Surridge then I’d have bitten your hand off.

I will report back in due course once I have seen the kits up close up.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

My thoughts on the new kits:

Home kit: probably the nicest one we’ve had in years made by a reputable company. Would have looked better if it was solid blue instead of with faded stripes. I am pleased to see the old Macron logo on the kit instead of their new one which is rather shit.

Away kit: glad it’s yellow, it’s a bit bland but that’s not helped by Murray Davidson’s shocking posture.

Future analysis to be made: is the classic badge, which looks great, a proper embroidered effort or another BLK style iron on job? It’s hard to tell from the photos but if it’s the latter, this is excusable and this seasons efforts will go down as an instant failure.

Points of interest: Very curious as to why we have got a template kit, unlike Dundee who got a bespoke kit which is also made by Macron. It has to be said that Dundee’s kit is better in features and design than ours. This can surely only come down to the club who have decided to go for the cheap option, which is embarrassing and disappointing. For all the £££ we have in the bank, St. Johnstone are very unfashionable and cheap. That said, if you had offered me Macron to make our kits over Joma/BLK/Surridge then I’d have bitten your hand off.

I will report back in due course once I have seen the kits up close up.

f**k off you fucking nonce.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

f**k off you fucking nonce.

Personally think your son looks great mate.

He’s a bit of a unit eh, get him to take Tanser to the gym, the boy looks malnourished.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2020

??. Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

??. Ross Sinclair (18) - 2021

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (33) - 2020

??. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

6. Steven Anderson (33) - 2020 

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) - 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) - 2021