Edinburgh City

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

City Fanzine for Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath at Meadowbank. The Centrefold. 

Hide contents

Girls not included! Can't see the number on the shorts of the Blue Brazil player in action between City stalwarts John Dunn and Christopher McKee. Name Anyone?

Nikolay Todorov I think! Also the defeat to Elgin recently was away and not at home.

Edited by The Minertaur

Definitely Todo.

Best pub to watch the 12:30 game this Saturday then? Does your newly adopted social club have live football or will I head to the Hoppy.

While I am here, what has happened to the Edinburgh City Social club that was next to the theatre? I have been in a few times and couldn't believe the sheer size of the place. Has it been sold for flats?

40 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Definitely Todo.

Best pub to watch the 12:30 game this Saturday then? Does your newly adopted social club have live football or will I head to the Hoppy.

While I am here, what has happened to the Edinburgh City Social club that was next to the theatre? I have been in a few times and couldn't believe the sheer size of the place. Has it been sold for flats?

Yup.

Long story- Needed renovation which was unaffordable plus the council put in a noise monitor after complaints from flat nearby- they even moaned about the pensioners' bingo session which was hardly a Motorhead concert (although that cheating b*****d Lemmy's numbers always seemed to come up).

Hoppy's alright but I would always drink in a team's social club given the choice.  

Definitely Todo.

Live fitbaw in the new premises but ive been twice and it was a bit grim.Feels disconnected to City.Apart from us away fans doubt anyone in there was going to game.New swipecard lock on door so not sure if away fans are even meant to be in there although they did let us in with puzzled faces.

Live fitbaw in the new premises but ive been twice and it was a bit grim.Feels disconnected to City.Apart from us away fans doubt anyone in there was going to game.New swipecard lock on door so not sure if away fans are even meant to be in there although they did let us in with puzzled faces.

Away supporters are definitely welcome at the club - there's a buzzer just under the swipecard thingy.

Going to head along to the game on Saturday as not able to make the Dons game in Inverness. Hopefully game as good as the last one I made against Arbroath but with a City win this time. 

Edited by Jute

Edinburgh City Players - Artist Collecting Card Number 2. Aaron Dunsmore.

Spoiler

After last week's comparisons with Artist Collecting Card Number 1 players Craig Beattie and Marc Laid looking more like a caricature of Wolverine and Ma Broon respectively, it would be interesting to see if anyone can come up with a fictional character that resembles Aaron Dunsmore. Mr Bean perhaps?

Edinburgh City Players Artists Collecting Cards Year One Issue 10 No. 2 (2).png

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Edinburgh City Players - Artist Collecting Card Number 2. Aaron Dunsmore.

Hide contents

After last week's comparisons with Artist Collecting Card Number 1 players Craig Beattie and Marc Laid looking more like a caricature of Wolverine and Ma Broon respectively, it would be interesting to see if anyone can come up with a fictional character that resembles Aaron Dunsmore. Mr Bean perhaps?

Edinburgh City Players Artists Collecting Cards Year One Issue 10 No. 2 (2).png

challenge accepted Mr B! 

tom.jpg

..perhaps a wee bit harsh but there you are...!