Edinburgh City

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Why would Spartans want that? They seem to be very well run, have their own stadium etc.

Tried to buy us in the summer before they got promoted. Same trick they tried with Cowdenbeath about a decade ago

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

You should still think seriously about continuing hosting games at Meadowbank as terrible venue for watching football.

😲 Wow!

We never knew that!

Thanks for letting us know! 👍

Can you suggest any alternative venues that are available?

53 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

😲 Wow!

We never knew that!

Thanks for letting us know! 👍

Can you suggest any alternative venues that are available?

Get this floating in the north sea the forth Leith docks and you are sorted.image.thumb.png.f01f5e0675b7b4b0041b7c2fd1d43697.png

Edited by LeodhasXD

Back to the EOSL... well, we could merge with Edinburgh Community (aka City youths) and do up St Mark's Park. There's room enough for at least a New New Meadowbank sized stand. 

Or go to Saughton Enclosure. Again, with a bit of fundraising there's enough room to build a stand there (it already has a wee one). 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Back to the EOSL... well, we could merge with Edinburgh Community (aka City youths) and do up St Mark's Park. There's room enough for at least a New New Meadowbank sized stand. 

Or go to Saughton Enclosure. Again, with a bit of fundraising there's enough room to build a stand there (it already has a wee one). 

Saughton Enclosure not Hutchison Vale territory?

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How so?

None of them are based in the Borders Region.

image.png.cc50398eae727cc326db8e920007793e.png

I think he was making the same point you are tbf. I assumed his "bizarre suggestion" was in response to the original guy's post :)

38 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Apparently there's a call this morning so if there's anything from it I can share I'll do so here.

Don't expect anything in the way of good news!

Unless you're a QoS fan... 

In all seriousness, hopefully goes as well for you as can be expected. 

14 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Sorry for the fans. Credit to the ones still turning up.

It does from the outside all look pretty unsustainable..paltry crowds paying the lowest price in the league.

From a selfish point of view it may well help keep us up.......

Similarly, we might recover those 2 dropped points...

Shite, though, for EC fans. A horrible situation.

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Saughton Enclosure not Hutchison Vale territory?

Hutchie Vale are at Ainslie Park these days seemingly long term. Odd move considering Saughton is a licensed ground.

Edited by GNU_Linux

How about the stand that has been built at Stockbridge (but no seats ever put in) ?  I think it was built for Edinburgh rugby when they decided Murrayfield was too big for them, but then instead put up a stand at 'little Murrayfield'

14 minutes ago, Mo-time said:

How about the stand that has been built at Stockbridge (but no seats ever put in) ?  I think it was built for Edinburgh rugby when they decided Murrayfield was too big for them, but then instead put up a stand at 'little Murrayfield'

Edinburgh Academical Football Club - Wikipedia

Edinburgh Academical Football Club, also known as Edinburgh Accies, is a rugby union club in Edinburgh, Scotland. The club is currently a member of the Scottish Premiership, the top tier of Scottish club rugby. Its home ground is Raeburn Place, in Stockbridge, Edinburgh.

Exf8fwFXIAISE1d?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EFR-exterior-036_HERO_Opt.jpg

d1221fd21f.jpg

edinburgh-accies-1.jpg

51466744577_9c0b436c60_h.jpg

16302709520_d31443c33d_h.jpg

IMG_3210_stitch.jpg

Lived in Jock's Lodge for a while so have always quite liked City, the great Edinburgh alternative. Not nice hearing what's going on.

Worry not, though. Should you go into liquidation you'll at least get a vote on putting Cityco straight into the Premiership for 24/25.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh Academical Football Club, also known as Edinburgh Accies, is a rugby union club in Edinburgh, Scotland. The club is currently a member of the Scottish Premiership, the top tier of Scottish club rugby. Its home ground is Raeburn Place, in Stockbridge, Edinburgh.

d1221fd21f.jpg

edinburgh-accies-1.jpg

IMG_3210_stitch.jpg

Nice modern stand that tbf - I've seen a lot worse. Not sure about the layout of the park, it seems as though the new stand would be behind the goals rather than along the side of the pitch which isn't great.  Also the pitch doesn't look totally flat but I'm only judging that from the photos.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

d1221fd21f.jpg

edinburgh-accies-1.jpg

IMG_3210_stitch.jpg

How have they not put seats in, run out of money?

13 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Nice modern stand that tbf - I've seen a lot worse. Not sure about the layout of the park, it seems as though the new stand would be behind the goals rather than along the side of the pitch which isn't great.  Also the pitch doesn't look totally flat but I'm only judging that from the photos.

I'm surprised its behind the goal.

Nothing really to update post this morning's meeting - I think we'll probably see things start to take shape over the coming days.

From my point of view I'm looking forward to going along and supporting the club on Saturday, just like I do every other Saturday and hope I get to do for many more Saturday's to come.