Edinburgh City

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Kyle Jacobs has gone to Stenny I see. 

How many functioning players does that leave the club with? I genuinely had hoped that the weather might have been kind to you as earlier in the week they were predicting snowfall at the Balmoral for Saturday and I wondered if it would go ahead, now it just seems to be heavy rain.

I guess that might have given some time to regroup etc without the need to shell out for travel etc. 

Good luck with it all (except at 1500 this Saturday against us. 

1 minute ago, Watson Nimrod said:

How many functioning players does that leave the club with? I genuinely had hoped that the weather might have been kind to you as earlier in the week they were predicting snowfall at the Balmoral for Saturday and I wondered if it would go ahead, now it just seems to be heavy rain.

I guess that might have given some time to regroup etc without the need to shell out for travel etc. 

Good luck with it all (except at 1500 this Saturday against us. 

The u20s have been playing the last two matches plus the on loan keeper and Mercer and Fontaine so we'll have a team. 

I've actually quite enjoyed watching the young guns. They may not have experience or physicality but they have some skill. We're going down anyway so might as well enjoy the ride. 

And unlike the original lot this City incarnation haven't been beaten 13-2 by East Fife yet... 

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What can Stenhousemuir expect from Kyle Jacobs?

On paper, this looks like a good signing for the Warriors - but I'd like to hear more!

When he first arrived I thought he was really good last season.

This season we've not seen him as often, he's not had so much game time.

He Should do really well in League 2! Good signing for you.

8 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Well. Didn't see this coming. 

What on earth was he thinking. FC Edinburgh Spartans - is that the worst name of anything ever? Would crowds have got above double figures?

Challenge at the top of the Championship??

We knew a merger was proposed but thought it was the other way around!

"Wrote off my investment and walked away" probably tells you all you need to know about our finances just now.

Would rather be liquidated than this monstrosity.

Genuinely in shock

IMG-20231221-WA0004.jpg

"after a meeting at Hampden with both chairman and lawyers"....  I look forward to the statements from Spartans and the SPFL.  Should be a great breaking story for the top journos in Scotland.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

On much the same lines as Francesc Fabregas, Arbroath have picked up Innes Murray in the clearance sale.  What can you tell us about him?  What is his primary position?

Very good player is Innes!  Arbroath have done well persuading him to move up there!

Attacking midfielder, fast on the break, gets good crosses over and shots from range.

I'd imagine he'll be one of your better players.

30 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Very good player is Innes!  Arbroath have done well persuading him to move up there!

Attacking midfielder, fast on the break, gets good crosses over and shots from range.

Is he more of a winger, or a creative no 10 type?  

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Is he more of a winger, or a creative no 10 type?  

Tends to play on the right side of midfield, he’s got some engine on him. Will always enjoy legend status as the man who scored *that* goal at Annan to seal promotion.

That glorious day seems a lifetime ago now 😕

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What can Stenhousemuir expect from Kyle Jacobs?

On paper, this looks like a good signing for the Warriors - but I'd like to hear more!

He’s the typical “good signing for that level” and isn’t. 

6 hours ago, Tenkay said:

6 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

Tends to play on the right side of midfield, he’s got some engine on him. Will always enjoy legend status as the man who scored *that* goal at Annan to seal promotion.

I can’t work out if he’s left or right footed? 

9 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

Thanks for the info guys, hope Edinburgh manage to get through their current problems!

12 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

One of the best moments of my life ! 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=423798042453780

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Surprised to See that no Citizens have commented on the return on our long lost number 9 today, last seen on Love Island....

I thought "f**k me, we scored two goals"

And then I thought "Obi Wan See, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time..."