Edinburgh City

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Mr Blobby suffered a severe injury on the way to the stand yesterday. Despite immediate first aid and by his carer Jackie, he sadly deflated beyond repair. His understudy, also going by the name of Mr Blobby, will take his place next week to hopefully lead his Blobby Army cheering his team on to another stunning victory.

Mr Blobby - Sunshine on Meadowbank 2.jpg

We decided yesterday in the pub we were gonna call ourselves the blobby army(there's only 4 of us so far and we want as many people as possible to join us)and start singing at home and away games . Got a quote for a flag as well which will be part of our matchday uniform once we've ordered it. Very sad news to hear that our dear leader deflated yesterday. We were gonna try get a picture with blobby yesterday but we couldn't be arsed to move after the amount of pies we went through

On 13/11/2016 at 11:48, ecfcnorthfield said:

We noticed blobby got a bit deflated yesterday

Are we going to blame a rogue Annan supporter for this heinous crime?

No, not at all.  Annan fans love Blobby. He even got his own special announcement when he visited Galabank on the 1st October. Blobby got a bit over-excited on the first official supporters' bus to Montrose last week. That's all.  Fair dues to Mini-Me-Blobby for taking his place in the crowd yesterday. (Seen in the video posted earlier)

Edited by Mr Blobby
clawing back some of my MB allocation

Some couple of weeks for Edinburgh. Just goes to show what one win can do for confidence. 

I noticed Antell was on the bench yesterday. Has he been found out? 

Yeah he really struggled when he started. Stobbie has been much better recently and I can't see how Antell gets back in.

27 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Fantastic, I can see myself in the video there!

I take it you were the boy interviewing people at half time? Credit to you, keep up the good work. Don't think there's many (any?) supporters in the lower leagues who produce this kind of material.

Yea, that's us. We try to get at least two ground hoppers' interviews for the following week's City Fanzine on the Supporters page. (example seen below)

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 10 and 3 Year One Issue Five (3).png

7 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

The printer in the committee room ran out of ink. I got the last one but gave it up to a lad from Kettering.

I think I saw it for sale on eBay today. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-SHEET-PROG-EDINBURGH-CITY-v-ANNAN-ATHLETIC-12-NOV-2016-SPFL-LEAGUE-TWO-/272448585810?

As a footnote. I spotted a great Gilzean cartoon book by that ebay seller after browsing his 'items for sale' page. It has one about a Hibs fan, a Hearts fan and a Meadowbank fan standing in the middle, in the rain, reading the late dearly departed Pink News (I think) on a Saturday night. Swap the Meadowbank fan for an Edinburgh City fan to bring it up to date in the 21st Century. (Anybody good at doing drawings for a certain Fanzine/)

Meadowbank Thistle Cartoon-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Re-listed by seller.

Gilzean used to have a wee shop at the top of the steps linking Cockburn Street with Market Street. We got him to make some Thistle badges - the only one I can remember said 'THISTLE WALK ON WATER - HIBS RUN ON METHS'.

And as for the cartoon above of the guy watching TV - some things never change!

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Sad to hear about Mr Blobbys demise, just when his team was starting to win as well:(

Thank you for the condolences. We've just had to dust off the first reserve who has an injured leg but he's playable for Saturday. (a few sticking plasters in place)

On 14/11/2016 at 20:23, cowdenbeath said:

I'll  look out for him on Saturday.

Give us a "Blobby Blobby Blobby" shout then!

By the way, can you send me a couple of decent action photos from the recent Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh City match at Central Park for inclusion in the City Fanzine?

Working on the centrefold tomorrow.

Here's Pages 8 & 5. Aaron Dunsmore is the Edinburgh City Player's Collecting Card for this weekend.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue Ten Resized for Pie and Bovril.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Fixed typing errors on Player Profile page and amusing quote from Bill Hunter

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its actually worrying but I enjoy reading the stuff from Bill Hunters book in the City fanzine:lol:

2 or 3 more episodes to go, I think, before the end of Bill Hunter's Book review in the Fanzine.  Be nice if I could get an interview with the man himself for the Finale. Don't think I can fit a visit in to Livingston though, even if he still has a corporate box on match days.