Edinburgh City

Following a period of intense speculation over recent months, I am delighted to confirm that the club has achieved confirmation that it meets bronze licence criteria.

Over the last six months, the club has frankly been through some of the most challenging times in its history, however with today’s announcement, I hope that we can now begin to face the future with renewed optimism. I must express my sincerest thanks to the SFA licensing committee, who have worked with the club throughout the process, extending their advice and experience to us, which has been extremely helpful, and on behalf of the club, I extend our warmest gratitude.

Although achieving the bronze licence is the culmination of a massive amount of work behind the scenes, I actually see it as the beginning of a new chapter for the club. We have a committed management team, led by Michael McIndoe, who has been working tirelessly to build an almost entirely new squad over the summer break and I am excited to see how this group gels over the coming weeks. My feeling is that the energy already building will transfer to our supporters, whose patience I know has been severely tested over in recent times. The club has been quiet, and necessarily so, whilst we worked on the licensing process, however I want to assure our supporters that our silence was not indicative of inactivity, quite the reverse. We go into this season with renewed optimism on all fronts, so please keep an eye on our socials in the coming days and weeks, as we have a tremendous amount of news to come. I know it has not been easy supporting our club of late, but please keep the faith, I genuinely believe it will be worth it.

Yours in sport,

John Dickson

Chairman

Delighted the licence has been granted and we can get on with the season (which I'm actually looking forward to). Still loads of things about the club I want answers on etc. but a good news day, and we've not had many of those recently

Great news, glad to hear City can look forward to the season ahead. I have enjoyed seeing such a historic name back in the leagues & the squad assembling itself looks a bit more competitive than might have been expected.

That can only be a monumental relief to all City fans and it's a pretty decent statement from the club.

That whole uncertainty is now gone and, at least on paper, they look to have been putting together a fairly reasonable squad. This might turn into a relatively positive season for City!

From a bino's fan who has also been through adversity years ago I'm glad that you have got some good news...especially for the supporters of the club who have been through tough times... 

Hopefully it's all forward momentum for your club...good luck guys & will see you on opening day of the season 👍

I’ve made my feelings on certain naysayers very clear, and my final thoughts on the matter to them would be not to expect any sympathy from City fans if their club ends up in a similar situation down the line. There might not be many of us, but we do have very long memories.

To the vast majority of fans on this thread who have been sympathetic to our situation, we thank you for this. You’re always welcome at Meadowbank 🖤🤍

5 minutes ago, ARF1928 said:

I’ve made my feelings on certain naysayers very clear, and my final thoughts on the matter to them would be not to expect any sympathy from City fans if their club ends up in a similar situation down the line. There might not be many of us, but we do have very long memories.

To the vast majority of fans on this thread who have been sympathetic to our situation, we thank you for this. You’re always welcome at Meadowbank 🖤🤍

@ARF1928 very well said....some people take great glee at seeing not only the teams suffer but the supporters who have been there good & bad. Thick & thin...genuine supporters of the club & not the glory hunter variety...I always find 95% of the lower league's supporters are a good bunch..welcoming & can have friendly banter..we see our team win & also lose...but we always return the following week.. .

Onwards & upwards for ECFC....well done for hanging in there...good luck guys & see you opening day as we both tackle life in SPFL2 

Delighted for the City fans. Hopefully the club can find some stability now and stick to the promise in that statement to communicate better with the fans. Long term the aim has to be get a better home than Meadowbank but understandably that's not for today. All the best for the new season: look after Robbo and pump Spartans 👍

Happy to hear this for City. The bigger issue is with the bronze requirement being brought in like this in the first place so I'm glad City have managed to sort things out and stay in the league.

Well done guys, can't have been a nice summer - but between the license, the signings, the new kit and Michael McIndoe's general attitude you'll hopefully be going into the season with a bit of hope now. Really impressed by your social media over the past few days. 

My brain is having trouble computing all this good stuff that’s happening lol - bronze licence , the new signings look good, new kits launched today - after all the shit of last season it’s just great to get news like this 

looking forward to seeing the new line up today v Hibs and getting the season off and running 

and to all those who slagged us off and wished we were dumped to the Lowland League - I hope you are well and truly seething like England fans are right now - get it up ye 

3 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

Here’s an answer for you. Edinburgh City FC have been awarded their Bronze License, and will be playing SPFL League 2 football this season. Get it so unbelievably up you, stick that in your pipe and smoke it 👍🏻

7Haj-1.gif.2b1849320f02e79811842ca66b014ad5.gif

Half time at the City v Hibs friendly- it’s 3-0 Hibs - we have played fairly well - a couple of defensive lapses cost us goals which is understandable since the team hasn’t really settled in yet - the 3rd goal was a screamer was a beaut from about 35 yards which no keeper would have had a chance with - but on the whole we have been ok and have hope for the season 

half time highlight was a bunch of seagulls fighting for chips right in front of me 

Score now it’s either 5-0 or 6-0 to Hibs - I’ve lost count to be honest 

we have been ok but Hibs are on a whole new level with their passing 

The game that will really show our form and where we are at is the home League Cup game v Clyde on 17th July - if we win that I’ll be happy