Edinburgh City

13 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

I guess if it's City in the playoffs you'll be hoping you have Charleston refereeing again. He's been 'lucky' yesterday and when you won in Forfar too.

fuxake. he gives you lot a penalty and lots of free kicks and you still complain. Scottish League fans eh? I sometimes think the terrace experts would only be happy with the man in the middle if he scored a hat-trick himself and ran past the opposing manager giving him the vickies.

away to the LL and see what real crap refs look like! :lol:

I guess if it's City in the playoffs you'll be hoping you have Charleston refereeing again. He's been 'lucky' yesterday and when you won in Forfar too.

No lucky when your player kicked out and tried to swipe Josh Walkers feet away from him and only received a yellow card. Very lucky IMO to be on the park.

No lucky when your player kicked out and tried to swipe Josh Walkers feet away from him and only received a yellow card. Very lucky IMO to be on the park.

We've not been getting a lot of that sort of 'luck' in recent weeks. Paul Watson's goal for Montrose was phenomenal but he wouldn't have scored it if he had got the straight red he deserved in 9 minutes for an atrocious foul on Ian McFarland.

Now that it's all been sorted out I can confirm that I won the half time draw on Saturday:thumsup2 Never heard it being read out and Saturday and didn't know until I seen the number on twitter and made a Renton like late claim for the prize:lol:  Thanks to Alick, Sarah and Jim for sorting it out for me.

You'll get some of the cash back as I should be at the City Cup Final next week.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

fuxake. he gives you lot a penalty and lots of free kicks and you still complain. Scottish League fans eh? I sometimes think the terrace experts would only be happy with the man in the middle if he scored a hat-trick himself and ran past the opposing manager giving him the vickies.

away to the LL and see what real crap refs look like! :lol:

We should have got Craig to take our penalty:lol: Take it no one noticed the lino was from Dunfermline:lol:

7 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Supporters bus has been confirmed, looks like there's 18 people and a Blobby heading to Arbroath on Saturday. Gonna be a great day out, thank you to everyone who reserved their spot!

Free Blobby biscuits to everyone on board as well and Meadowbank Thistle scarves to be dished out for all the neutral fans travelling from Holland. Special occasion too at Arbroath as it is Colin McPherson's - Edinburgh City's 'arguably' number one photographer - last day taking pictures of the team before he heads off to deepest Africa to take pictures of the Queen's Commonwealth Baton Relay (maybe never to return). Blobby will be giving Colin a good send off. Compromising pictures to follow on Saturday night :whistle

Edited by Mr Blobby

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Free Blobby biscuits to everyone on board as well and Meadowbank Thistle scarves to be dished out for all the neutral fans travelling from Holland. Special occasion too at Arbroath as it is Colin McPherson's - Edinburgh City's 'arguably' number one photographer - last day taking pictures of the team before he heads off to deepest Africa to take pictures of the Queen's Commonwealth Baton Relay (maybe never to return). Blobby will be giving Colin a good send off. Compromising pictures to follow on Saturday night :whistle

Trying to wind Tam up:lol:

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Amended plans for the new Meadowbank have been published showing the latest in off pitch player comforts (modelled here by celebrity manager Dick Campbell)

bog.jpg.6297c68f5949603aea5fe591e2929bfd.jpg

Which comic actor from the past does that remind you of?

W.C.  Fields.

WE'RE EDINBURGH CITY AND WE'RE STAYING UP*

*if we can get something from our home games and results elsewhere go our way.

Absolutely and congratulations on your success in doing so. I personally think Edinburgh have shown everyone that, with a bit of ambition, the new pyramid set up should be welcomed by every "non-league" club and hopefully it will convince some of the big hitting Junior teams to jump ship.

So, considering you absolutely ran away with the league last year, in playing standard how big a jump have you found League 2 from the Lowland League and how have you found it as a spectator in comparison?

38 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Absolutely and congratulations on your success in doing so. I personally think Edinburgh have shown everyone that, with a bit of ambition, the new pyramid set up should be welcomed by every "non-league" club and hopefully it will convince some of the big hitting Junior teams to jump ship.

So, considering you absolutely ran away with the league last year, in playing standard how big a jump have you found League 2 from the Lowland League and how have you found it as a spectator in comparison?

Some players have stepped up to the mark, others haven't. Getting in some experience is useful. It can be pointed out that we've actually beaten every team in the division at least once apart from Clyde :whistle

There seems to be more "gamesmanship" shall we say than in the LL. 

I think in terms of the jump it's not really individual players but every team in this league has a very clear plan to win the game. That's not always the case lower down. Took City a while to adapt to that.

Despite today's result we still might go down but no matter what this season has been conclusive proof that the pyramid works.