Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I think Stobbie will be back, that's just a guess but I was right about him being dropped the other week so let's generously call it an educated guess.

Good god don't do that. Cowdenbeath might have an advantage now after leaking information about possible team news 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Any excuse that Calum was just coming up field to get a closer look to see what was written on Mr Blobby's shirt is not acceptable by the way. 

All in all though - and joking aside - I think Calum had a good game and was not at fault for the other two goals. He should keep his place against Cowdenbeath on Saturday contrary to what Ally 'Head on the Block' Monc says IMO. (Picture by Michael)

Calum Antell kicking the ball out at Montrose.jpg

1st thing i noticed was the amount of folk eating hotdog's rather than pies, so opted for the hotdog, was that good i went back for another one.  :thumsup2

But to the serious stufff, the game, the 1st half and i really couldn't figure out what the formation was for City, was all over the place, Calum i think will keep his place but will a few others, Beattie is struggling and Allan is doing good runs and getting the ball but there is no one in the box, he has to hold it up while Beattie try's to get in the box, he was playing far to deep on Saturday and not a lot coming of for him, the manager needs to get the right balance in the team and go for it a bit, big game for City this Saturday and i think the manager should revert back to 3-4-3 (think that was the formation) so that City have attacking options upfront.

sults against E

On 02/04/2017 at 22:54, Lordy said:

1st thing i noticed was the amount of folk eating hotdog's rather than pies, so opted for the hotdog, was that good i went back for another one.  :thumsup2

But to the serious stufff, the game, the 1st half and i really couldn't figure out what the formation was for City, was all over the place, Calum i think will keep his place but will a few others, Beattie is struggling and Allan is doing good runs and getting the ball but there is no one in the box, he has to hold it up while Beattie try's to get in the box, he was playing far to deep on Saturday and not a lot coming of for him, the manager needs to get the right balance in the team and go for it a bit, big game for City this Saturday and i think the manager should revert back to 3-4-3 (think that was the formation) so that City have attacking options upfront.

sults against E

Looked like a strong team on paper with a 4-4-2 formation according to Mrs Blobby who was taking down notes. Defence of (Left to right) Dunsmore, McKee, Mbu, Dunn. Midfield of Gair, Laird, Walker, McFarland. Forward line of Beattie and Allan. Guthrie came on for McFarland and made no impression. New signing Makofo came on for Beattie and provided some pace up front. Makofo looks like a good addition to the squad but from what I saw of him at the Spartans' ground the other week, he's going to get booked rather a lot, so he needs to stay out of trouble as does Chris McKee who got into a fight again. No official confirmation of Makofo signing for the club actually other than Ross Pilcher saying he has rather than being a trialist. Pilcher was writing on his personal Twitter feed. McConnell came on for Gair and again made no impression.

Interesting game coming up - Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath. Sitting on the fence in this one. It has 0-0 written all over it for me. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

55 minutes ago, Lordy said:

tbh the pie I had at the previous match at Links Park was rather greasy so I went for the hotdug option this time. 

next away trip of course brings promise of the mighty steak and black pudding effort! :chef

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

tbh the pie I had at the previous match at Links Park was rather greasy so I went for the hotdug option this time. 

next away trip of course brings promise of the mighty steak and black pudding effort! :chef

If you can get your hands on one. The mighty Colin McPherson will be first in the queue for that. It'll be his swansong Edinburgh City assignment for the BBC before he's off to deepest Africa on Her Majesty's Commonwealth Baton Relay Service. We'll have to get him in a compromising position with Mr Blobby :wub:

I'm planning my Easter getaway from the 14th 'til the 18th this month, and my girlfriend fancies Edinburgh as a destination. Looking to visit a game, and since City is playing Arbroath at Gayfield that weekend, I was wondering if the club happens to organize a fans' bus going to and from away games? Wouldn't mind travelling with you all on Saturday two weeks from now, maybe get me a City kitty too.

Hopefully a bus will be running. You can contact Lesley on l.gair@hw.ac.uk regarding travel. Thanks

15 minutes ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

Hopefully a bus will be running. You can contact Lesley on l.gair@hw.ac.uk regarding travel. Thanks

Already did; signed me and my girlfriend up, Mr. Blobby reserved three tickets, and miss Gair said she would send out further enquiries today. Should be a crackin' day out so hope everyone here'll consider sending her a message to sign up too.

Edited by DutchBorderer

On 3/29/2017 at 22:12, HibeeJibee said:

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/news-feed/

Edinburgh City FC on the move

City on the move

Edinburgh City FC is delighted to announce that they have entered into an agreement with The Spartans Community Stadium Limited to use Ainslie Park Stadium for all home matches whilst Meadowbank Stadium is being redeveloped. The agreement, which is subject to SPFL Board approval and SLFL approval will see City play at the home of Spartans FC for the next three seasons. 

City Chairman James Lumsden commented “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ll be moving to what is a tremendous footballing facility at Ainslie Park whilst Meadowbank is being redeveloped. I’d like to thank Craig Graham and the rest of the Board at Spartans for all of their help in putting this agreement together. Although both clubs have been close rivals on the park, we’ve always been good friends off it and I’m sure this agreement will benefit both clubs going forward.”

By my reckoning if Edusport came up from SOSL and Clyde / Edinburgh City came down from SPFL2, there could be 7 groundshares out of 16 clubs in LL next season. Remarkable.

Are City still playing their home games a Tmeadowbank this season? Fancy the Cowdenbeath game on Saturday. Thanks

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Here's Colin McPherson (standing) on the Edinburgh City supporters' bus to Montrose (November 5th 2016) doing a reading to a City fan (Matt Evans) from Nutmeg Magazine Issue One. In olden days, on the Meadowbank Thistle Brake Club Bus to East Fife, Colin would have done readings from Peter Wright's 'Spyctacher' book to any Thistle fan who would listen (usually Matt Evans again :lol:) And inset, a picture of a young Colin McPherson with Andy 'Bounce' McDonald (now Vice-Chairman of Edinburgh City) and Jah Lumsden (now Chairman of Edinburgh City) during a Brake Club Player of the Year Award circa 1988?

Colin McPherson with Andy Bounce McDonald amd Jah Lumsden.jpg

Quite a few old Thistle fans seemed to end up as directors of City Mr B.

I'm planning my Easter getaway from the 14th 'til the 18th this month, and my girlfriend fancies Edinburgh as a destination. Looking to visit a game, and since City is playing Arbroath at Gayfield that weekend, I was wondering if the club happens to organize a fans' bus going to and from away games? Wouldn't mind travelling with you all on Saturday two weeks from now, maybe get me a City kitty too.

I hope this is some sort of sick joke.

Why on earth would you attend an away game with, and support, one of your own team's league rivals, whilst on holiday over here?

Are you aware your own team are playing ?