Edinburgh City

If it was a 5k capacity that would certainly be enough - that's the official capacity of the current stand. The first proposal is for a 500 capacity stand, aligned with the finish line of the athletics track rather than the half way line. There are other issues with which the club are seeking discussions with the Council.

Leith will probably end up at Peffermill

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

By my reckoning if Edusport came up from SOSL and Clyde / Edinburgh City came down from SPFL2, there could be 7 groundshares out of 16 clubs in LL next season. Remarkable.

1 hour ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Leith will probably end up at Peffermill

Potentially make that 8, then...

1 minute ago, Mocochinchi said:

Heading up to the game v Montrose tomorrow.  First visit. What's it like for away fans?  

Cauld! :lol: 

Big Stand

Covered terracing behind one goal

(Usually) friendly home fans with biting mordant wit

Home made soup at the pie stall

montrose.jpg.f7d35ab9c3442e735dbebf459a3a2ffc.jpg

Giant hornets playing 70s rock music plaguing fans (what do they put in the soup?!)

Other features: The town centre is quite pretty. There is a statue of Bamse, a St Bernard attached to the Norwegian navy who were based at Montrose during WW2 near the docks. There is also a statue of the Marquis of Montrose, a significant figure in Scottish history, in the town centre.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cauld! :lol: 

Big Stand

Covered terracing behind one goal

(Usually) friendly home fans with biting mordant wit

Home made soup at the pie stall

montrose.jpg.f7d35ab9c3442e735dbebf459a3a2ffc.jpg

Giant hornets playing 70s rock music plaguing fans (what do they put in the soup?!)

Other features: The town centre is quite pretty. There is a statue of Bamse, a St Bernard attached to the Norwegian navy who were based at Montrose during WW2 near the docks. There is also a statue of the Marquis of Montrose, a significant figure in Scottish history, in the town centre.

Pies, that's it, I'll be up in Montrose tomorrow.    

I'm planning my Easter getaway from the 14th 'til the 18th this month, and my girlfriend fancies Edinburgh as a destination. Looking to visit a game, and since City is playing Arbroath at Gayfield that weekend, I was wondering if the club happens to organize a fans' bus going to and from away games? Wouldn't mind travelling with you all on Saturday two weeks from now, maybe get me a City kitty too.

Edited by DutchBorderer

An unfortunate moment this. The Montrose coach is saying to me, "You made the cameraman miss the goal lol" Which is indeed what happened. I was distracting him at the time Watson lobbed the ball from his own half way line over Calum Antell's head and into the net. (Ah well, I like to think that I do my bit for the team)
58e01e77de8a9_MontrosecameramanmissesloboverAntell.thumb.jpg.be89d88bbb2f8118871829def3a3c7a6.jpg

I know it doesn't really matter, but that's not a coach, it's kitman, groundsman and Montrose legend Ron Marquis.

Crowd was given as 400 odd. 

I actually missed the Montrose goal of the season as I was taking a pic of a mate on the terracing at the time...  

I had the fear for this fixture as the Mo have been going well since dumping Hegarty and so it was that we were April fools. Ach, bugger! 

MONTROSE SCORE YET AGAIN AT THE COVERED TERRACING  END . HAS THE  ALBERT REOPENED YET ? CROWD 248 ?

The Albert has not opened again, and as far as I'm aware will not be opening again as a pub sadly.

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Tam the Bam finds a new use for his yellow Hi Viz tabard at Montrose. A headscarf :lol:

Tam the Bam finds a new use for his yellow hi viz tabard (2).jpg

just trying to keep my exquisitely coiffured barnet safe from the Angus rain... who'd be a snapper eh?! 

Will Antel be in goals again next Saturday?

I think Stobbie will be back, that's just a guess but I was right about him being dropped the other week so let's generously call it an educated guess.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I think Stobbie will be back, that's just a guess but I was right about him being dropped the other week so let's generously call it an educated guess.

Putting your head on the block there AllyMonc :shutup

Ally Moncs head on the on the city block.png

Edited by Mr Blobby