Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

More good news for the Ibrox youth.  Following our win in the Al Kass Cup a few of the players added to their success by winning vs Aberdeen in the semi final of the Youth Cup.  Nice write up here:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/youth-cup-aberdeen-1-3-rangers/

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Newco fans sure hate a mirror being held up to their ugly wee bigoted faces.  They cry whataboot and stamp their wee feet but the reflection doesn't lie. 

Sad to think that these people walk amongst us every day.

What the f**k is wrong with you lot?

Jesus fucking wept [emoji38]

Denying that the nonsense heard from the stands on Wednesday night is any different to the spit, bile and hatred directed at anything connected with RFC on here (any day of the week) is laughable. You’re all the f*cking same. The exact same behaviour is mirrored at most grounds we visit week in week out. It’s also displayed by visiting fans at Ibrox, who will spend the entire game goading the home support. Rangers undoubtedly have their problem fans, no question, but let’s not pretend that it’s an exclusive domain.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Denying that the nonsense heard from the stands on Wednesday night is any different to the spit, bile and hatred directed at anything connected with RFC on here (any day of the week) is laughable. You’re all the f*cking same. 

This is what makes progress a daunting prospect for Rangers.

There are loads of perfectly decent Rangers fans and that's how I'd describe most on here.  There are also thousands like Rob though and telling them they're not welcome must feel like a risk.

28 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Denying that the nonsense heard from the stands on Wednesday night is any different to the spit, bile and hatred directed at anything connected with RFC on here (any day of the week) is laughable. You’re all the f*cking same. The exact same behaviour is mirrored at most grounds we visit week in week out. It’s also displayed by visiting fans at Ibrox, who will spend the entire game goading the home support. Rangers undoubtedly have their problem fans, no question, but let’s not pretend that it’s an exclusive domain.

Are you seriously comparing the piss-taking you get on here to actual sectarian abuse?

Sober up you fucking zoomer :lol:

Are you seriously comparing the piss-taking you get on here to actual sectarian abuse?

Sober up you fucking zoomer :lol:

Ah I see , some types of mindless abuse are less ok than others? Most couldn’t give two f*cks about religion on here (sky fairies etc), but it becomes an all consuming obsession when it suits. The venom you and others spout on here is just a ‘piss take’ but when sadly reciprocated by certain sections of our support, it fills pages of ranting for days on P&B.

You think my son and his pals (all good lads interested only in playing and watching football) could go for a quiet pint before the game (just like thousands of other fans across the country) wearing their club colours on a Saturday afternoon in Leith or Aberdeen without being hassled? Of course not, the question is why not?

How can such an irrational and blind hatred prevent such an innocent episode prior to the game, but believe me it does. Not the same? Aye right!

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Ah I see , some types of mindless abuse are less ok than others? Most couldn’t give two f*cks about religion on here (sky fairies etc), but it becomes an all consuming obsession when it suits. The venom you and others spout on here is just a ‘piss take’ but when sadly reciprocated by certain sections of our support, it fills pages of ranting for days on P&B.

You think my son and his pals (all good lads interested only in playing and watching football) could go for a quiet pint before the game (just like thousands of other fans across the country) wearing their club colours on a Saturday afternoon in Leith or Aberdeen without being hassled? Of course not, the question is why not?

How can such an irrational and blind hatred prevent such an innocent episode prior to the game, but believe me it does. Not the same? Aye right!

Do you not live in Northern Ireland? Youd think youd be aware of why people in Scotland want hate crimes based on religion stamped out.

Goading?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hatred for Rangers is neither irrational or blind - for many it is built on years of listening to putrid sectarianism pouring out of their home stands and from their away support, from being subjected to violence and abuse by Rangers supporters - just because, for instance, my wee club has the temerity to win at Ibrox -  and from seeing times when numbers of Rangers supporters gather together that they almost inevitably regress towards the 17th century.  They may not wish to accept it, but it is true nonetheless. 

Playing the victim after decades of bullying is unseemly, but is clearly happening. They seem unable to accept responsibility for their own actions and seem bemused when people begin to question them. 

Sectarianism is not a problem experienced across Scottish football, instead it is something which is synonymous with both Rangers and Celtic and for which they have equal responsibility, although neither have or will honestly try to sort it, given that support for either club seems in no small part based on identifying with their particular 'tribe'. Interestingly in this whole  sh!tshow, no individual seems to accept that they are part of the problem, its always 'sections' of the support.  a 'minority', or the ever present whataboutery concerning 'thaim' - whoever they may be. No sensible person should try and explain or defend their own sides position by mentioning anyone else - simply address your own issues and the rest will have to follow, but neither side are capable of doing so.

We will no doubt have to listen to all sorts of nonsense tomorrow but will later be told it was only the minority  - when it is generally the majority. I have no love for either side of the divide because whenever you query one, you are automatically and unquestioningly thought to be the other. The whole thing is pathetic and if the current climate leads to some change, I would suggest that Scottish football would be the better for it. I won't hold my breath though.

Edited by tumbleweed

Back to the football and what a week in Sevconvia.  Insipid vs St Johnstone but rampant against Killie and Accies.  I'd  hoped Motherwell could have done something today but The Provos were clearly too strong.

Dundee at Ibrox on Wednesday and Morelos back.  Home win?

Rangers fans persist with sectarian chants at Hamilton

Steve Clarke's appeal over sectarianism fell on deaf ears with some Rangers fans who repeated the chants that offended the Kilmarnock manager on Wednesday.

Clarke had accused the Rangers fans who called him a "****** b******" of living in the Dark Ages following his team's William Hill Scottish Cup defeat at Ibrox.

The former Chelsea player - who revealed he had been approached by Rangers over their managerial vacancy last year - later appeared at a media conference with his captain, Kris Boyd, to call for action and education over Scottish football's sectarian problems.

Former Rangers striker Boyd had been subjected  to sectarian abuse by Celtic fans days earlier.

Rangers chairman Dave King offered a "sincere apology" to Clarke over the "unwarranted abuse" on Friday.

But Clarke was again branded a "****** b******" by a small section of Rangers fans during the first half of their Ladbrokes Premiership game against Hamilton on Sunday as they chanted the same "Cheer up Steve Clarke" song which he complained about in midweek.

A banner stating "Get well soon Steve Clarke" had earlier been unveiled by some visiting fans at the Hope CBD Stadium before kick-off. 

SCUM....