Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Gerrard after his defeat in his first game at Villa: "It seems like the world is against us but we'll make sure we get better for that because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on.

"We need to try and use it to our advantage. It's not just today, I believe it's been happening for seasons. That's just my opinion."

19 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Disappointingly gracious there. 

Was hoping for a tear stained rant with some funny words. 

I do hope they haven't got competent PR or we'll have lost a great source of entertainment. 

They've sold a one trophy manager for £4m. That money could get a much more experienced manager that might actually get them closer to the CL group stages. 

Is Gerrard a good manager? Who knows, he's certainly not a bad one, and I'll admit some of his European results I've been impressed with.

History is a bitch though, and it'll show that Gerrard came in made broad sweeping claims that the whole of Scottish football was corrupt (except Rangers of course), proceeded to splash lots of cash yet achieved very little until the very public collapse by Celtic.

He's been able to handle the pressure of an OF position though, so there's that.

Will he get success with Villa? It's a much, much, much easier job than Rangers. He will be a medium fish in a huge pond and will have no concerns regarding finances. No idea if he'll be a success, I just don't think he'll bomb badly.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

They've sold a one trophy manager for £4m. That money could get a much more experienced manager that might actually get them closer to the CL group stages. 

OIP.RlU9JT1BkzaXv-lxy03pjgHaFj?pid=ImgDe

has the same ''big name''

has 18 month at a real top club

and i think his wife is staunch