Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’d imagine that Villa have ruled out any friendly matches with Rangers after Rangers fans rioted in 1976 at Villa Park resulting in the game being abandoned. Scum then. Scum now.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-rangers-violence-hooligans-7899872

10C05980-64B2-46E1-BCAF-743A97EB3880.png.274e442a0015268fcddfb6861f254b37.png

54BB5E6A-F733-4BC3-B3D9-5CC14E9CAEC8.png.87148004badcc86226fbe2f16470832e.png

D61F8D68-6929-4A28-8A36-D7E4C71803E0.jpeg.c871041cf112c9b15ba34b5b9f507af9.jpeg

5B31D210-ADA2-4BDD-A88B-5336C3EDECB9.thumb.jpeg.1742afc9963b574100752bfe89a6b79c.jpeg
F72C9416-6DF6-4EC7-9D1D-349E9698AE20.jpeg.ba8d5a728ef2640935929c1c9a50ced0.jpeg

Yup : the bigotry doesn't do much for Scottish football either. Both sides are equally culpable.

24 minutes ago, ahemps said:

You are suggesting Villa is an easier job but Rangers have an absolute monumental advantage over every team bar 1 in the SPL. At Villa he has to compete with teams with much bigger resources therefore it is harder.

The pressure at the OF comes because of the advantage they have. Rangers start every game apart from 1 in the SPL has an overwhelming favourite so how is that not an easy job?

While there is some merit to the point, it's the "variants of success" that I mentioned that is key here.

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't doubt many are fuming, but I think a lot are just reeling from the disappointing news and are concerned more than anything.

I don't think anyone would grudge Gerrard a move to the EPL, well, anyone that can think logically, it's more the timing that is leaving a bit of a sour taste in people's mouths.

The timing is horrendous considering the precarious Europa League position and the really tough run of fixtures coming. At least when Rodgers jumped we had a trophy in the bag and the title was pretty much done. His comments the other week about being settled and happy will live in the memory for a long time but “Slippy G” does has a habit of making the odd comment that makes him look a little foolish.

Either way I’m delighted and not because I rate Gerrard to any degree but the fact this really unsettles Rangers, unsettles the players and presents us with an opportunity to apply some additional pressure if we can keep winning.

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Queen reportedly in hospital as well, could today end up being Loyalist 9/11?

I'll not lie, I don't think Queenie popping her clogs would do anything but bolster the loyalist cause. The country would be thrown into a state of mourning where any dissenting voice would immediately be berated for a lack of patriotism.

I'd much rather her continuing to live as a perfect juxtapose of unfettered privilege and wealth, compared to the citizens of "her realm".

Anyway, in terms of Gerrard, he was with them for 3 and a bit years, for any manager that's a decent shift. Not the longest, but in the context of the modern game? Not bad.

Just now, Ric said:

I'll not lie, I don't think Queenie popping her clogs would do anything but bolster the loyalist cause. The country would be thrown into a state of mourning where any dissenting voice would immediately be berated for a lack of patriotism.

I'd much rather her continuing to live as a perfect juxtapose of unfettered privilege and wealth, compared to the citizens of "her realm".

I don't care what anyone else says you're certainly a great laugh Ric 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The timing is horrendous considering the precarious Europa League position and the really tough run of fixtures coming. At least when Rodgers jumped we had a trophy in the bag and the title was pretty much done. His comments the other week about being settled and happy will live in the memory for a long time but “Slippy G” does has a habit of making the odd comment that makes him look a little foolish.

Either way I’m delighted and not because I rate Gerrard to any degree but the fact this really unsettles Rangers, unsettles the players and presents us with an opportunity to apply some additional pressure if we can keep winning.

I said as much regarding the timing, it’s not great at all. The Europa League group though all depends how you look at it. We have the chance to seal second place in the next match day with a game to spare if we beat Sparta by 2 clear goals. Not an easy task given how we’ve been performing but I would’ve taken that all day long when the groups were drawn.

Similarly, the Rodgers comparison is entirely how you view it. Gerrard had pretty much fulfilled what was expected of him by winning the title. Rodgers, on the other hand, was here for 10IAR but left early. Not many would’ve grudged Gerrard leaving in the summer. The timing now is a lot worse, but I don’t think he will receive anywhere near the same type of animosity Rodgers did.

The rest I agree with.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Anyway, in terms of Gerrard, he was with them for 3 and a bit years, for any manager that's a decent shift. Not the longest, but in the context of the modern game? Not bad.

Short termism. But I'm sure Charles can do a far better job of showing what a crock of shit the royal family is

2 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Short termism. But I'm sure Charles can do a far better job of showing what a crock of shit the royal family is

Just wait til the Mail run the first story about him taking the inheritance of lonely Cornish grannies. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Have Sevco announced who is interim manager? Has McAllister went with Gerrard?

No mention of an interim manager but our statement thanks “Steven and his team” and wishes “them” success, so I took it to mean they were all away.

Just now, AJF said:

No mention of an interim manager but our statement thanks “Steven and his team” and wishes “them” success, so I took it to mean they were all away.

Yer I’ve seen the three of them mentioned by bloggers and people close to the club.

Jimmy Bell to beat Hibs and Saints in the final.