Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

My dad is from Dundee and supports them (he goes to The Caley games too and want's them to win when not playing Dundee).  I've lived in Inverness since 1988, under no circumstances would I ever consider supporting Dundee.  I'm not from there, I've only ever been there about 15 times in my life, and I have a club right on my doorstep who need my support more than Dundee do.

That's exactly the same for me in terms of a dad who supports Dundee, watches Queens and wants them to do well unless playing Dundee.

It's meant I've a soft spot for Dundee, but I support Queens because I'm from Dumfries.  

My dad is from Dundee and supports them (he goes to The Caley games too and want's them to win when not playing Dundee).  I've lived in Inverness since 1988, under no circumstances would I ever consider supporting Dundee.  I'm not from there, I've only ever been there about 15 times in my life, and I have a club right on my doorstep who need my support more than Dundee do.

Good for you (and that is not meant sarcastically by the way). I like that you support your local team, but I also have the freedom to choose not to support my local team.

As I mentioned, my father had a big influence on who I supported and Livingston were not a team when I was young. I’m not ashamed by it and I find it odd when other fans try and score fan points by it. It’s not going to change my mind haha.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You chose to glory hunt.

Everyone wants to support a winning team.  It’s just some people are scared to say so.  Nothing at all wrong with supporting a team just because they won everything when you were growing up.  Better players, higher profile games, plenty of appeal there.  But just admit it.

Heck, who would you rather watch, Brian Laudrup or Martin Woods?

Edited by Savage Henry

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Everyone wants to support a winning team.  It’s just some people are scared to say so.  Nothing at all wrong with supporting a team just because they won everything when you were growing up.  Better players, higher profile games, plenty of appeal there.  But just admit it.

Heck, who would you rather watch, Brian Laudrup or Martin Woods?

Aye there is.

That's not something anyone should ever feel they have to justify

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's exactly the same for me in terms of a dad who supports Dundee, watches Queens and wants them to do well unless playing Dundee.

It's meant I've a soft spot for Dundee, but I support Queens because I'm from Dumfries.  

Traitorous b*****ds, the pair of ya.

I love a bit of Sevco bashing as much as the next person but Livingston to Glasgow is a bit more feasible than Dundee to Inverness or Dumfries.

I support Kilmarnock because my uncle took me to games and I guess the majority of football supporters follow their club due to some link through family when they were young.

My family are around 2/3 Celtic supporters with the remainder siding with the rangers.

The fact I chose to follow the thistle was my own choice and it was mostly respected from my family.

Some from the rangers end were miffed at this and tried to sway me towards ibrox.

Again, it’s always been my experience that rangers supporters (even within my family) have this sense of entitlement and can’t believe that I shunned the queens XI for the maryhill Magyars.

Best decision I ever made.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A9C644CF-259F-4E69-975A-98029B985AC5.gif.2fe57f86155212dddf7e061b15c1801c.gif

I know, if I went with my Ma's side I could have been a Celtic fan, enjoying glory. 

I could have went with my first home, St Andrews, enjoying Rugby.

I could have went with where I was brought up, Aberdeen, enjoying sheep.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know, if I went with my Ma's side I could have been a Celtic fan, enjoying glory. 

I could have went with my first home, St Andrews, enjoying Rugby.

I could have went with where I was brought up, Aberdeen, enjoying sheep.

You make it sound like it's not mutual.