Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Well according to police Scotland they are looking at “a video” not multiple videos . One video has been clearly edited with a clip of fans singing FTP and the other shows players clearly sing “oh , oh , oh” 

Can you link these? So far I've only seen 3 from different angles that all kind of show a few people in the room not just singing oh oh oh, and some of the putting their middle fingers up at the same time - but the audio isn't conclusive so I don't think I've seen the 'clearly edited' one.

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well according to police Scotland they are looking at “a video” not multiple videos . One video has been clearly edited with a clip of fans singing FTP and the other shows players clearly sing “oh , oh , oh” 

what makes it clearly edited?

5 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Can you link these? So far I've only seen 3 from different angles that all kind of show a few people in the room not just singing oh oh oh, and some of the putting their middle fingers up at the same time - but the audio isn't conclusive so I don't think I've seen the 'clearly edited' one.

As far as I am aware those that originally posted the video have now deleted their tweet. Similarly the account on TikTok has since deleted it.

Take from that what you will, however it doesn’t seem like we can link to the original video anymore unless someone else has it saved.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

More Tory sophistry. If there is 1 edited video (which noone has shown me yet) then that means there are lots of unedited videos where you kind of can hear it (but not conclusively).

We are now in the interesting situation where Rangers fans have to argue the sectarianism in the video is really obvious, and so it must be doctored, and all the rangers haters have to argue its subtle, so the video might be authentic.

If there is 1 really obvious video (which everyone has seen but me apparently), then its also very calculated of Rangers to jump on that 1 and ignore the rest. Learning from their fellow lovers of the butchers' apron in Westminster.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

As far as I am aware those that originally posted the video have now deleted their tweet. Similarly the account on TikTok has since deleted it.

Take from that what you will, however it doesn’t seem like we can link to the original video anymore unless someone else has it saved.

Shame that nobody is that interested in this then, obviously nobody copies videos these days.

Of course, the takeaway from that, if it is correct, is that there are a few videos going about where lots of people can kind of hear some people singing it (but not the whole squad), while some player put their middle fingers up, and those videos are genuine.

Bit of a nightmare for rangers that.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

More Tory sophistry. If there is 1 edited video (which noone has shown me yet) then that means there are lots of unedited videos where you kind of can hear it (but not conclusively).

We are now in the interesting situation where Rangers fans have to argue the sectarianism in the video is really obvious, and so it must be doctored, and all the rangers haters have to argue its subtle, so the video might be authentic.

If there is 1 really obvious video (which everyone has seen but me apparently), then its also very calculated of Rangers to jump on that 1 and ignore the rest. Learning from their fellow lovers of the butchers' apron in Westminster.

The original video came from a screen recording of someone’s Instagram story. Unless it is saved by the person, these videos expire and disappear after 24 hours.

So its impossible to provide a “source” video unless the person who was actually doing the filming saved it.

Just now, AJF said:

The original video came from a screen recording of someone’s Instagram story. Unless it is saved by the person, these videos expire and disappear after 24 hours.

So its impossible to provide a “source” video unless the person who was actually doing the filming saved it.

From the videos there are around 3 or 4 people recording from different angles. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Without duplicating my post above, would you agree then that its a little bit devious for the Rangers board to make Club Statements about a video which has seemingly disappeared into the ether. They plainly hope that lots of people will hope they are talking about the other videos. That would be entirely in keeping with Rangers' approach to PR and, in my book, quite a scummy thing to do.

Edited by FrankChickens1

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

From the videos there are around 3 or 4 people recording from different angles. 

It looked to me that the videos are filmed by the same person but they simply moved in closer during the song. I could be wrong but I don’t believe there were multiple videos.

Just now, AJF said:

It looked to me that the videos are filmed by the same person but they simply moved in closer during the song. I could be wrong but I don’t believe there were multiple videos.

Nah there’s definitely two, the shorter one has Firth doing his clearly sectarian hand signals and you can see him dancing in the longer one.