Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd presume it's the clearest sign that Ashley still has his fingers in the pie somewhere at Rangers. Shambles.

I’m not sure about that. As others have said, they’ve also recruited Wolves and we’ve had the Beahon brothers categorically stating that Ashley has nothing to do with Castore.

I think it’s more likely they just have a good working relationship with Ashley, as evidenced by Sports Direct still being a retailer that stocks Rangers merchandise which they confirmed was nothing more than Sports Direct purchasing stock from Castore.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure about that. As others have said, they’ve also recruited Wolves and we’ve had the Beahon brothers categorically stating that Ashley has nothing to do with Castore.

I think it’s more likely they just have a good working relationship with Ashley, as evidenced by Sports Direct still being a retailer that stocks Rangers merchandise which they confirmed was nothing more than Sports Direct purchasing stock from Castore.

I'm sure we've seen this one play out this way before. Several times. I'd be keeping an eye on it if I was a Rangers fan.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm sure we've seen this one play out this way before. Several times. I'd be keeping an eye on it if I was a Rangers fan.

I think we’re all aware of what’s happened previously. The club were effectively held to ransom by onerous, uncompetitive retail deals signed by a corrupt board that included Mike Ashley’s men.

This is a far cry from that, with the club taking in record breaking income in retail. It’s most certainly a bad look that Ashley and Sports Direct still have the opportunity to sell Rangers merchandise, but I’m quite content that’s a deal between Castore and Sports Direct only. I could be wrong, but that wouldn’t be a first.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Oh...

Designing a Newcastle strip has to be one of the easiest jobs going tbf.

Could Castore be joining prestigious brands like Donnay, Dunlop and Slazenger.... or just a deal between a sportswear firm and a large EPL club.....

If only Romeo or Hell bhoy qc was here...

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I think we’re all aware of what’s happened previously. The club were effectively held to ransom by onerous, uncompetitive retail deals signed by a corrupt board that included Mike Ashley’s men.

This is a far cry from that, with the club taking in record breaking income in retail. It’s most certainly a bad look that Ashley and Sports Direct still have the opportunity to sell Rangers merchandise, but I’m quite content that’s a deal between Castore and Sports Direct only. I could be wrong, but that wouldn’t be a first.

You've been told several times that Ashley was gone when he wasn't?

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

You've been told several times that Ashley was gone when he wasn't?

As far as I recall we were told once that Ashley was gone and that was then overturned after he took litigation against the club as there was a clause written into the original agreement that SD had an option to match any future merchandise offers which Rangers tried to get around, unsuccessfully.

I’d understand scepticism if it was only Rangers saying that Ashley no longer has any dealings with Rangers, but the owners of Castore have also said it.

23 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Befitting your obsession, better you keep an eye on it, as watching the sheep play can't be much fun, whilst we keep an eye on securing 56 and partying! 

😂

Sadly, haters are going to hate. 

In all fairness, life can't be easy for them with the fayre they have on display. 

I'm sure Steven and the squad will be well put off their game and drop points, due to uncle Mike selling a few taps, right? 

Oh and we're skint. 

Where's the money Dermot? Oh wait a minute.....! 

😂

Reports doing the rounds again on Twitter that we are set to sign John Lundstram as a free agent after his deal with Sheffield Utd expired. These rumours started last year when it was clear he wasn't going to renew so it seems he has been a target for a while.

54 minutes ago, AJF said:

Reports doing the rounds again on Twitter that we are set to sign John Lundstram as a free agent after his deal with Sheffield Utd expired. These rumours started last year when it was clear he wasn't going to renew so it seems he has been a target for a while.

I'm a bit torn by this one.  He has shown that he's a cracking player, but he downed tools at Sheffield Utd.  I'd be worried about the kind of money he'd be looking for as well.

Gerrard and his team have goodwill banked though, so I'm hopeful that he's one that they think can improve the midfield.

On 03/07/2021 at 12:51, AJF said:

Castore have recently been added to the designers available from Flannels which is Mike Ashley’s luxury label brand. I’d agree with you that nothing to see here other than Castore using Ashley’s stores and websites as a vehicle to sell their clothing.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Seems quite likely now. Alan Nixon basically confirmed it and then Chris Jack has done on article on it too.