Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

As far as I know he missed one game due to suspension last season.

The Italians always did like their defenders on the "Rugged" side...

12 hours ago, nacho said:

facts are last season he played in a far better league than any of the celtic defence has ever played in, is better than all of them and is scottish footballs biggest signing in about 10 years, he will scoosh the league

Yeah. Everyone at Celtic will be absolutely shitting themselves.

Calm doon ffs :lol: 

13 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Your communications guy or whatever Traynor is does not agree.

1e016ef1dc433d9e6be722a7db3dbb39.jpg

:lol:  never mind that uefa, spfl, sfa, spl, sfl, eca, bdo , duff and phelps, hmrc, stock market, judge glennie, nimmo, brodie, bannatyne , asa, etc have all stated that we are the same club and hearts, leeds, luton, charlton, middlesbrough, rotherham and bournemouth have all bveen through exacly the same process and remained the same club, if a five year old record headline says we are a new club then it must be true

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This nacho character seems to be in a perma-rage. Will watch on with interest for an inevitable heads-gone....

:lol: you are confusing laughing at you lot claiming a serie a player and current euro champ wont cut it in the spfl with rage, hope that clears it up for you

8 hours ago, sjc said:

Whilst nobody can argue with Alves' pedigree his lack of resale value and high wages make this a risky signing.

His signing also doesn't address the lack of pace at CH in the Rangers* defence. 

someone on this thread claimed he is on 12 grand a week, barton was on more last season and the next cb we sign will have some pace

Edited by nacho

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good signing. It would be churlish to suggest otherwise.

This nacho fella is slightly over excited though.

pointing out he is as good as any defender cleitc have is hardly being overexicted, his pedigree speaks for itself, i did also state we would need a fair number of other similar quality signings to be in with a chance of mounting a serious challenge

:lol:  never mind that uefa, spfl, sfa, spl, sfl, eca, bdo , duff and phelps, hmrc, stock market, judge glennie, nimmo, brodie, bannatyne , asa, etc have all stated that we are the same club and hearts, leeds, luton, charlton, middlesbrough, rotherham and bournemouth have all bveen through exacly the same process and remained the same club, if a five year old record headline says we are a new club then it must be true

Not one to normally weigh in on the 'old/new club' debate, but hearts did not go through 'the exact same process'.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Not one to normally weigh in on the 'old/new club' debate, but hearts did not go through 'the exact same process'.

they did in 1905 which is what i am talking about

pointing out he is as good as any defender cleitc have is hardly being overexicted, his pedigree speaks for itself, i did also state we would need a fair number of other similar quality signings to be in with a chance of mounting a serious challenge

There is a difference between stating an opinion that he may be one of the best defenders in the league as an opinion and stating with absolute confidence that he is the best signing to be seen in Scottish football for a decade and that he will 'scoosh' the league.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

There is a difference between stating an opinion that he may be one of the best defenders in the league as an opinion and stating with absolute confidence that he is the best signing to be seen in Scottish football for a decade and that he will 'scoosh' the league.

biggest name signing

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Fair enough. I will confess to knowing absolutely nothing about that.

i shouldnt have brought it up, as now we will have to listen to various crackpot new club theories with no evidence backing them , while the people posting them will totally ignore the fact that absolutely every credible source backs us being the same club

The teams in that midsection of the Italian league are utter no marks. The English Championship is better than that.

Would signing a 35 year old free transfer from Preston or Wolves get the **** creaming their pants?
No. They would not be creamy at all.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The teams in that midsection of the Italian league are utter no marks. The English Championship is better than that.

Would signing a 35 year old free transfer from Preston or Wolves get the **** creaming their pants?
No. They would not be creamy at all.

Granted, he came from some mid table Championship dross that you didn't name, but they thought Clint Hill was a good signing last year....

Jack, on the face of it, looks a good signing. If he stays fit he will be better than any of the centre mids they had last season.

Just now, Ross. said:

Granted, he came from some mid table Championship dross that you didn't name, but they thought Clint Hill was a good signing last year....

Jack, on the face of it, looks a good signing. If he stays fit he will be better than any of the centre mids they had last season.

Clint Hill was a good signing.  I'd have kept him on.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

Clint Hill was a good signing.  I'd have kept him on.

Agree that he done a good job for you. Solid but unspectacular which is pretty much what you want in a centre half. Expected you to keep him on but I assume he must have been on a heftier wage than most and Caixinha felt it would be better spent on Alves.