Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You weaponised child sex abuse mate. You  stooped to essentially the lowest level possible

I’m sorry to hear about your relative and i hope they get the justice and compensation they deserve.

We will agree to disagree and end this here.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

And as I said, to suggest a fan base supports that side of him is foolish. 

Serious question then. Knowing the controversy surrounding Gazza and the baggage he brings and considering how much the world has changed and how little tolerance there is these days for that sort of behaviour.

Why do the club support him at all and roll him out for these sort of events? Shouldn’t they be distancing themselves?

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Serious question then. Knowing the controversy surrounding Gazza and the baggage he brings and considering how much the world has changed and how little tolerance there is these days for that sort of behaviour.

Why do the club support him at all and roll him out for these sort of events? Shouldn’t they be distancing themselves?

That’s a slightly different question to the point I was trying to make. I was retorting mainly to the suggestions that the behaviours of Gascoigne and Flanagan away from football were somehow supported by the fan base.

In terms of your actual question, it’s not an easy one to answer. It’s unquestionable that as a player, Gascoigne is an iconic figure. As a person he certainly isn’t.

I think cancel culture can be a good thing at times, I just suppose it depends on how you view how far that should go.

I wouldn’t think that by involving him at the weekend Rangers would be seen to be condoning that side of him, but equally I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had been left out.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s a slightly different question to the point I was trying to make. I was retorting mainly to the suggestions that the behaviours of Gascoigne and Flanagan away from football were somehow supported by the fan base.

In terms of your actual question, it’s not an easy one to answer. It’s unquestionable that as a player, Gascoigne is an iconic figure. As a person he certainly isn’t.

I think cancel culture can be a good thing at times, I just suppose it depends on how you view how far that should go.

I wouldn’t think that by involving him at the weekend Rangers would be seen to be condoning that side of him, but equally I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had been left out.

Club was cashing in on his laddies talent for ice skating imo.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

If what was posted about Gazza was hearsay and stories i’d agree…….but they aren’t 

Nor is anything that is posted about CSA. Let it go Jinky. No one is coming out of your ‘debate’ winning anything. Why you persist with it I don’t know. 

Some of the hatred and bitterness posted on here over the last few days has actually been appalling. 

There are definitely some posters who should really take time away from P&B and also football in general if that’s what it does to them.

I’m actually surprised this whole thread wasn’t suspended 2 or 3 days ago.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It just seems a bit hypocritical, that’s all.

Nobody supports domestic abuse or celebrates someone being an alcoholic. They support the player and what they brought to them. To suggest any different is foolish.

So just to confirm you didn’t have any issues with the Sparta Prague fans supporting Kudela even after he abused Kamara as its ok to support a player just because he brought something to their club?

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

So just to confirm you didn’t have any issues with the Sparta Prague fans supporting Kudela even after he abused Kamara as its ok to support a player just because he brought something to their club?

It's "seperate the art from the artist" but instead of "artist" it's "wifebeater"

10 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:
1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Its very rare you see OF fans actually talking about football tbf.

Aye. Thread should be moved to General Nonsense or their own wee creche that Div provided for them. Pure fuckin poison.

I think this is fair. A well minded debate (or legitimate piss take) is always welcome but should be over and done with in (my mind) 2 or 3 well thought out erudite posts. (and that, I know, is where my point falls flat on it’s face). 

Those that are intent on prolonging beyond that initial exchange with inevitable tedium should be directed straight into the Rangers /Celtic/Celtic/Rangers thread. 

34 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Again, this is different from the point I was making. The earlier comments were suggesting that Rangers fans supported or welcomed players like Gascoigne and Flanagan because they had domestic violence/alcohol issues. I was trying to explain that’s not the case at all and that nobody is there to support domestic violence or alcohol issues.

How you took that to mean what you did, I don’t know. It seems like you’re being disingenuous to portray me as holding an opinion I don’t.

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Some of the hatred and bitterness posted on here over the last few days has actually been appalling. 

There are definitely some posters who should really take time away from P&B and also football in general if that’s what it does to them.

I’m actually surprised this whole thread wasn’t suspended 2 or 3 days ago.

They should maybe become hermits, tbh

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

They see him as some sort of money making machine. Interesting that the clubs he played for while a far greater force than he was at Rangers (Newcastle Utd, Tottenham & Lazio) don't, as far as I'm aware, abuse him in this way.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

They see him as some sort of money making machine. Interesting that the clubs he played for while a far greater force than he was at Rangers (Newcastle Utd, Tottenham & Lazio) don't, as far as I'm aware, abuse him in this way.

He made a short cameo in a charity match, how is that abusing him ffs 😂

What other “money making” appearances has he made for us that you can recall?

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

He made a short cameo in a charity match, how is that abusing him ffs 😂

What other “money making” appearances has he made for us that you can recall?

You’re getting worse than me 😂

I just read that previous post laughed and shook my head. These people are really not worth a fraction of the time you spend on them. Leave them to wallow in their hatred and bitterness. You’re far better than them and always will be.