Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

38 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

You’re correct 

Eta and I might be wrong but I believe Pedro Progres fiasco comes off next season which will make the gap even greater. 

I’ll remember that while the Champions League theme blasts 

Surely Rangers' exploits in Europe gaining an automatic entry into the Champions League for the Scottish champions, then meekly surrendering the title to Celtic ranks high in the 'Banter Years' stakes?

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Surely Rangers' exploits in Europe gaining an automatic entry into the Champions League for the Scottish champions, then meekly surrendering the title to Celtic ranks high in the 'Banter Years' stakes?

Certainly leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. The only slight consolation would be if we manage to get through vs Braga means we'd likely be seeded in all of our CL qualifying rounds.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers must be the most successful team in European football, because Rangers say they are. Rangers are the “Old Firm”, because Rangers say so. Rangers are doing everything they can to rid themselves of sectarianism and bigotry, because Rangers say they are. Rangers did everything they could to stop bottles being brought into the match on Sunday, because Rangers say they did. 

You could substitute the word 'Celtic' for the word 'Rangers' in that post and not change its meaning or truthfulness in any way. These two really are joined at the head, hip and arse !

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point. As a Celtic fan do you see the Champs League as purely an opportunity to boost your accounts and to get the rare opportunity to see some top teams at Celtic Park or do you think you can go for in the competition?

Cash Money GIF by StickerGiant

16 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Points per game there is little to no difference between Gerrards early season form. We were 6 points clear due to the first Old Firm victory

f**k off freak result! We have been consistently excellent in Europa League for three seasons. We ve won more knockout stage games this season than Celtic have in a decade! 

Still think we are getting humped on Thursday against a very decent and vastly underrated Braga. 

"Glasgow Derby", for the benefit of Celtic fans...

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers must be the most successful team in European football, because Rangers say they are. Rangers are the “Old Firm”, because Rangers say so. Rangers are doing everything they can to rid themselves of sectarianism and bigotry, because Rangers say they are. Rangers did everything they could to stop bottles being brought into the match on Sunday, because Rangers say they did. 

so they did, by the way, big man, but.

47 minutes ago, stressball said:

Celtic scored 34 in the last 5 years, Rangers have 31.5.

Once we go into next season Rangers will have the better coefficient.

What is your source for this?

The database I have linked to below shows for the last 5 seasons Rangers on 43.250 and Celtic on 33.0

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2022.html

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

What is your source for this?

The database I have linked to below shows for the last 5 seasons Rangers on 43.250 and Celtic on 33.0

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2022.html

My source is the uefa site. Please read my post carefully as I quite clearly state that this doesn’t include this seasons coefficient. They do not factor in as of yet as the season has not concluded and have no bearing on entry for next season.

Once this is applied what you’ve said will indeed be true.

11 minutes ago, stressball said:

My source is the uefa site. Please read my post carefully as I quite clearly state that this doesn’t include this seasons coefficient. They do not factor in as of yet as the season has not concluded and have no bearing on entry for next season.

Once this is applied what you’ve said will indeed be true.

Club coefficient points gained this season absolutely do have a bearing on next season as it determines your seeding for qualification/group pots in next seasons competitions and they are included in UEFA’s 5 year club ranking as it is a “live document” so to speak.

It is the country coefficient that doesn’t have an impact next season.

Edited by AJF

15 hours ago, AJF said:

If only Braga were eligible to be entered into the Tin Pot thread. What in the f**k is this 😂

Theres something quite charming about that video tbf; its not a soulless, overproduced mess. Just a guy theyve flung in a rangers top not even bothering to fake an accent, a nice looking wee pub, sunshine and lager, and a cool wee guitar riff at the end.

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Theres something quite charming about that video tbf; its not a soulless, overproduced mess. Just a guy theyve flung in a rangers top not even bothering to fake an accent, a nice looking wee pub, sunshine and lager, and a cool wee guitar riff at the end.

The icing on the cake was having him wear a top with Brandon Barker's name on the back 😂

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Club coefficient points gained this season absolutely do have a bearing on next season as it determines your seeding for qualification/group pots in next seasons competitions and they are included in UEFA’s 5 year club ranking as it is a “live document” so to speak.

It is the country coefficient that doesn’t have an impact next season.

The guaranteed  champions league spot was already confirmed prior to this season starting as it was made up of the previous years coefficients?

Edit: The rankings change according to uefa every second year in November as of 2008.

Meaning at the next ranking, Rangers will now have earned more than Celtic as the rankings will factor their performance this season in for the November 2022 update.

Of course the Russia Ukraine conflict is probably going to make things even more convoluted.

Edited by stressball

36 minutes ago, stressball said:

The guaranteed  champions league spot was already confirmed prior to this season starting as it was made up of the previous years coefficients?

Edit: The rankings change according to uefa every second year in November as of 2008.

Meaning at the next ranking, Rangers will now have earned more than Celtic as the rankings will factor their performance this season in for the November 2022 update.

Of course the Russia Ukraine conflict is probably going to make things even more convoluted.

It was, but that champions league spot was earned through the country coefficient. There is a difference between the country coefficient and the club coefficient though, and as a club, Rangers have gathered more coefficient points than Celtic in the last 5 seasons as the club coefficient is a live table.