Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, shame on your for asking a football-related Q on a football-related thread.  Don't let it become a habit ;)

O'Halloran was anonymous, really.  In the first half we played to our more common pattern of possession-dominant, toothless, tippy-tappy pish and getting caught flat-footed at the back.  When we play like that he just wallows in mediocrity, does nothing badly but adds nothing either.  I can't recall him either skinning his man or putting a decent ball in to the box.

I don't know why Murty wanted him back and I doubt he's happy to be back either.  He should have been left with you where he'll get games and where, seemingly, he fits well in to your style of play.

Fair enough, I doubt he'll ever be a success with Rangers as his footballing brain is non-existent. He definitely wanted to return though, he picked up an ankle knock earlier this season, and didn't return until after Caixinha was sacked, and his effort for us was half hearted at best, to the point it seems clear he was holding back incase he got injured again and wouldn't get a chance under Murty. 

I'm not sure I'd want him back anyway, the rest of our team suffers as they've to spend the match covering for him

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't often say this but monkey is right, so stop clogging up our thread with this nonsense.

Ah, you're saying it more often these days Bennett.  Don't fight it.

Celtic fans have an emotional stake in the existence of Rangers in whatever form, that the diddies lack.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Russell Martin incoming.

Hopefully it allows Cardoso and Alves to be shown the door but I'd still favour Wilson and The Ginger Maldini as our CB pairing.

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Jason Cummings incoming.

Hibs fans on P&B  wondering if he'll celebrate when we batter them in early Feb.  Hope he does.

Aw bless. It’s like August all over again :lol: 

Fucking wallopers.

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Quite possibly, but I'd also put much of what Tony calls "the downsizing, quality of signing and manager" down to Rangers' absence too.

The recruitment of Rodgers was probably related to that exile ending.

The biggest single factor though would have been the return of OF fixtures and the perception of a rekindled rivalry. 

Mystic monkey is reading the minds of 13,000 Celtic fans why they didn't go to Celtic games?
Plus can you tell me mystic monkey when is this rekindled rivalry  going to start?
Your pettiness has just reached a different level.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Jason Cummings incoming.

Hibs fans on P&B  wondering if he'll celebrate when we batter them in early Feb.  Hope he does.

Cummings is an interesting one, if a loan deal is completed.

Always a handful against us, will look forward to seeing what he brings to our line up. One of those players who irked you in the opposition ranks but quietly knew he’d be popular playing in your own colours.

Encouraging stuff Kinc! [emoji846]

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mystic monkey is reading the minds of 13,000 Celtic fans why they didn't go to Celtic games?
Plus can you tell me mystic monkey when is this rekindled rivalry going to start?
Your pettiness has just reached a different level.

Well I've been told to give it a rest, but if you insist, I'll ignore the advice.

The rivalry is very much there again, but as at various points in history, it's somewhat imbalanced at the moment, although the latest meeting of the sides pointed towards a contraction of the gap.

In many ways, it's exactly as Celtic fans would want it.  Rangers' presence lends Cetic's essentially hollow achievements an air of substance.

It's that illusion of competition that OF types find so seductive.

Cummings coming in to boost the squad, another attacking option and should take some of the pressure off Morelos.

Plus the hibs collective won't be chuffed, I've a feeling we'll be seeing some Scottish cup pics....

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wee note to Mark Allen:  Add Hamilton's Docherty to the list and we'll have staunchest group of players assembled since the days of Jock Wallace.

Wee note to Mark Allen, try not getting caught robbing the bank as you try finding the cash for Docherty because you won't be getting him on loan like your other January recruits.

Cummings coming in to boost the squad, another attacking option and should take some of the pressure off Morelos.
Plus the hibs collective won't be chuffed, I've a feeling we'll be seeing some Scottish cup pics....

I don’t give a shiny shite what Cummings does now, can’t imagine the majority of normal Hibs fans do.

What is interesting is the folk who screamed ‘PEEDO PEEDO’ now hailing him as some sort of messiah :lol:

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:
bigotry

24 minutes ago, McQuade said:

sectarian

Tragic pair of diddies but unsurprising.  I've been here almost 12 years and haven't made a single sectarian/bigoted post.  

18 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Cummings is an interesting one, if a loan deal is completed.

Encouraging stuff Kinc! emoji846.png

Aye.  The 2nd half of the season will be fascinating.  Can't wait to test ourselves against Dolly.